Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Hkp66 new purchase

Article about: Hi all, Ordinarily I would check here first before diving in on a purchase but sometimes you see something and HAVE to act straight away! Such is the case with this lid I snapped up last nig

Default M42 Hkp66 new purchase

Hi all,

Ordinarily I would check here first before diving in on a purchase but sometimes you see something and HAVE to act straight away!
    Such is the case with this lid I snapped up last night trawling the 'evil bay'.

Here's hoping it is as good as it looks in these grainy low resolution sale photos ..... rest assured, I will post good ones once it arrives down under.

Two questions though - could it be blood discolouration on the rear liner tongues and, does the "sawdust like" finish mean a field attempt at cammo? It is a Hkp66 with a lot number of 34658 and the seller said it came from a house clearance in the UK and had never been in a collection.

Thanks, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Hkp66 new purchase   M42 Hkp66 new purchase  

M42 Hkp66 new purchase   M42 Hkp66 new purchase  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Hkp66 new purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 Hkp66 new purchase

That is definitely a good one. I think you are correct on the blood stained liner. There are a few really good helmets on eBay that people don't bid on because they think they might be fake. Sometimes you can find good opportunities such as this.

Regards,

Corey

Thanks Corey,

I forgot to mention that the reason it has a 9 fingered liner is that the liner is size 59 ....... actually 8 3/4 fingers .....

Dan

Nice lid Dan, as Corey said its a good one all the way. Certainly looks like it could be a spot of blood damage to the rear of the liner. Not sure about the paint being an attempt at camo though, doesnt look like a second coat on top of the original finish, either way its a great paint job. There are some good finds on Ebay still!

Jason

Thanks Jason,

Yeah for $350 'buy it now' you can see why I acted quick - and I think I scored well.

The seller said he got it from someone who had cleared out the contents of a deceased estate in Norfolk, UK
    so it could have been ferreted away for some time, who knows? The leather is still supple but the chinstrap has gone rock hard so he said to be careful!

Dan

?

Wow....350 excellent score!

$350 is not bad at all, great lid for the price. Nice when they come up like that

Jason

From these pictures it all looks ridgy didge...well done for $350!

Nice for the price, I look forward to the new pics

eBay sometimes has some real gems. Last year I missed out on an RZM helmet in great condition, that was being sold as a plain WW1 helmet. It went for something outrageously cheap like £300/£400, but sadly I did not have anything spare right at that moment. I think I've seen it around on a forum since then

?

Looks like a real good grab Dan
    A nice solid and complete M42 ND.
    I love those typical hkp air vents!

Brad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast