Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 HKP66 opinions

Article about: Hello Forum! i would kindly ask you about your opinions on this M42 HKP size 66. Looks like a honest one to me. Unfortunatly the draw string is missing and liner is damaged but compared to o

Quote by tobi View Post
    Hi friends,

Can you answer me one thing: i read that some of you put renaissance wax on their helmets and leather. Would you recommend it for my helmet? I have that wax at home.
    No ! You will ruin it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 HKP66 opinions
    P
    Many

Agreed with the posts above, leave it as it is!
    Also, i´m wondering why there are seemingly 2 chinstraps on the left helmet.

Regards,
    Adravor

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    No ! You will ruin it.
    Thanks for the statement. So the best way to keep it in this condition is no direct sunlight, low humidity and so on?
    Sorry for all the questions, but i‘m still learning and want to treat the helmet as best as possible.

And i thought, ren wax would be a good protection for the steelhelmet.

Best regards,
    Tobi

?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Agreed with the posts above, leave it as it is!
    Also, i´m wondering why there are seemingly 2 chinstraps on the left helmet.

Regards,
    Adravor
    Hi Adravor,

so far is a know, this is a norwegian reissued helmet (SE62).

Thank you for your comment

I have never seen a norweigian reissue with two chinstraps either... but i´m also quite new so its maybe something i just dont know.

The wax can protect helmets from rust as far as i know, but it ruins it´s patina and destroys it´s originality, also there is no danger of it rusting when it is in a normal household, as it only would rust in a very damp enviroment, like a cellar. So leave it as it is, as original as possible.

Regards,
    Adravor

?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    I have never seen a norweigian reissue with two chinstraps either... but i´m also quite new so its maybe something i just dont know.

The wax can protect helmets from rust as far as i know, but it ruins it´s patina and destroys it´s originality, also there is no danger of it rusting when it is in a normal household, as it only would rust in a very damp enviroment, like a cellar. So leave it as it is, as original as possible.

Regards,
    Adravor
    Thank you, i will leave it as it is

For the norwegian helmet: i got it relativly cheap, so it's okay. I posted it here in the forum quite a while ago.
    Have a nice day

?

You have a solid helmet there,enjoy it!As the guys already said there is no point of messing with it...
    P.S.
    I had my eye on this helmet at some point.

?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    You have a solid helmet there,enjoy it!As the guys already said there is no point of messing with it...
    P.S.
    I had my eye on this helmet at some point.
    Hey Ripper, really? i came across this helmet a few weeks ago, but didn't consider to buy it. But i changed my mind - the forum also said it is ok, and so i bought it! Seller was also really friendly, would by again from him.

best regards,
    Tobi

The helmet is currently in as original condition as can be so leave as is and enjoy. Check periodically for condition and alter the environment if necessary e.g. if you find the display room is too hot/humid look for a better environment. Check for mould on the liner etc. I generally wear cotton gloved when handling to prevent oils coming from skin being left on the shell.

Renaissance wax is a great product but I only use it on old relic pieces to halt further deterioration. It’s a very nice original example so sit back and look at it and enjoy.

Andy

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    The helmet is currently in as original condition as can be so leave as is and enjoy. Check periodically for condition and alter the environment if necessary e.g. if you find the display room is too hot/humid look for a better environment. Check for mould on the liner etc. I generally wear cotton gloved when handling to prevent oils coming from skin being left on the shell.

Renaissance wax is a great product but I only use it on old relic pieces to halt further deterioration. It’s a very nice original example so sit back and look at it and enjoy.

Andy
    Thank you for your kind words and great tip with the gloves to handle. I did not think about that!

Good to have experts like you here on the forum, thanks to all of you

I just need a few stands to put the helmets (which will sure be more someday ) to display.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast