Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival

Article about: I just have to share this with you. When the dealer sent me an email last Sunday asking me if I would be interested in this particular helmet as he had already put it aside for me - I just c

Default M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival

I just have to share this with you.

When the dealer sent me an email last Sunday asking me if I would be interested in this particular helmet as he had already put it aside for me - I just could not turn him down.
    I have waited for a helmet like this one for almost two years, as a good one seems hard to find, and it is here, finally.

The helmet came crawling right out of the woodwork, it had been part of a 35+ year old collection along with a handful of camo Heers, some Luftwaffe helmets and a handful combat Police helmets.

The color I cannot figure out, it looks deep green, deep grey, deep black. The chinstrap is in particular nice condition and has the famed M stamp. The liner pins are tight in place and the decal is to die for, methinks anyway.

I hope you like it. I love it.

Here is.... Betty!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival   M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival  

M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival   M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival  

[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival
    P
    Many

I like it. I hope its a KM. The flash or lighting is drowning out the decal. Your photos or the dealers?

Do you know what kind of combat police lids he has? Feel free to PM me if you have info.

It is a KM, these photos were taken by a friend of mine and he used a bit too much light. I know that the rest of the lids are going or have gone to Russia.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Just took these without any flash or light. The gold flecks are all over.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival   M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival  

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

What does it mean to "come out of woodwork"?

Thanks,
    Caleb

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I really can't say for sure. IMHO from the photos I would say it looks very much like this toned Heer I have. I have one KM and it is gold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival  

Thanks for that mermaid! Thought it meant it had work done to it!

Caleb

Well, Im sure about what I have.

Your helmet appears to be toned yes and a pale yellow. Mine is deep gold with obvious flecks in it.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I thought toned heer as well, doesn't seem to have the gold "flake" like Kriegsmarine helmet decals do --- I could be wrong, still learning. The helmet looks really nice either way! Love this type of colour and textured paint!

Could it possibly have had a chinstrap replacement at some point though?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast