Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival

Article about: I just have to share this with you. When the dealer sent me an email last Sunday asking me if I would be interested in this particular helmet as he had already put it aside for me - I just c

The strap is original according to seller.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival
    P
    Many

I guess I would vote KM these are always difficult there is a little white in the head and upper right wing I don't like. KM usually really gold all over. timothy

It's a very nice lid Chris, but for me it's an Army.

Hello this is a Heer helmet with a typically toned Heer decal. I owned a similar NS with the same decal.
    Two reasons :
    A) Helmet is an NS
    B) Decal is the Pocher type

No NS KM helmets have been observed so far by the collectors community (I am not making this up , this is by concensus) , no KM variant of the Pocher decal exists on M35/M40 and M42 , there's one that's been observed as possibly being KM on early transitional helmets but it's quite different in color than this one.

But nice straight helmet none the less but not worth KM price.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hello this is a Heer helmet with a typically toned Heer decal. I owned a similar NS with the same decal.
    Two reasons :
    A) Helmet is an NS

No NS KM helmets have been observed so far by the collectors community (I am not making this up , this is by concensus) , no KM variant of the Pocher decal exists on M35/M40 and M42 , there's one that's been observed as possibly being KM on early transitional helmets but it's quite different in color than this one.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly. Still a nice helmet.

M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrivalHi , I have just seen this one and without seeming to "jump on the band wagon" I too feel that this is a toned HEER. The decal is not showing the black border around the adler or the "3d" effect to the swastika that a KM would exhibit. For me this is a one look HEER ,I have an ET pattern toned HEER(pictured) that looks even deeper gold than this ,but it is a HEER all the same. Leon.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I thought toned heer as well, doesn't seem to have the gold "flake" like Kriegsmarine helmet decals do --- I could be wrong, still learning. The helmet looks really nice either way! Love this type of colour and textured paint!

Could it possibly have had a chinstrap replacement at some point though?
    Chinstrap looks indeed very new , would like to see some close-up.

?

Two reasons :
    A) Helmet is an NS

Hi Betty

Frank is bang on. One look at it for me it is a nicely but uneven toned Heer. The strap is also of huge concern, and would like to see the strap close up as well as the markings on the strap.

The only thing Frank isn't bang on is the Pocher decal observed on the transitional there are several transitionals with that gold Pocher decal, not just one. That said, this is not a transitional nor does it have the brilliant gold leaf print that the transitional has, not even close. (I used to own it)

Quote by DougB View Post

The only thing Frank isn't bang on is the Pocher decal observed on the transitional there are several transitionals with that gold Pocher decal, not just one. That said, this is not a transitional nor does it have the brilliant gold leaf print that the transitional has, not even close. (I used to own it)
    I didn't mean one helmet Doug , one Pocher type that has KM characteristics which has been observed on several transitional helmets ;-)

?

I didn't mean one helmet Doug , one Pocher type that has KM characteristics which has been observed on several transitional helmets ;-)
    Ah ok sorry Frank :-P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast