Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival

Article about: I just have to share this with you. When the dealer sent me an email last Sunday asking me if I would be interested in this particular helmet as he had already put it aside for me - I just c

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Betty

Frank is bang on. One look at it for me it is a nicely but uneven toned Heer. The strap is also of huge concern, and would like to see the strap close up as well as the markings on the strap.

The only thing Frank isn't bang on is the Pocher decal observed on the transitional there are several transitionals with that gold Pocher decal, not just one. That said, this is not a transitional nor does it have the brilliant gold leaf print that the transitional has, not even close. (I used to own it)
    Hi Doug,
    Not sure where you got "Betty" from,
    but this is Christina's new lid.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Kriegsmarine - new arrival
    P
    Many

Hi Chris, sadly I must agree with the guys here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

HI Chris, Great to see you back. Regarding the helmet, I also have an M42 NS64, lot # 13257, with a VERY gold adler (it looks like an HJ style adler decal) that I always thought was KM. The consensus with mine on GHW was toned Heer as well. As has been stated, and as Ken N. indicated in his seminal book, "most" M42 KM's are EF, and so far it appears that no M42 NS have surfaced that are unequivocally KM (even though one is listed in the GHW database). This is a really nice helmet, but I agree with the rest that it is WH. Anyway, welcome back, we missed ya! Cheers, Jim G.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hi Doug,
    Not sure where you got "Betty" from,
    but this is Christina's new lid.
    Ralph.

Somewhere I read Betty. The Rum is kicking in early Ralph. Been in the war rooms since 1 with a buddy and you know how that ends lol.

Heer helmet.
    chris

I'm not seeing the gold. I would have to say a well toned heer. As for the chinstrap, Im not sure if it's original or not bis but was definitely replaced postwar.

?

This is the case of someone wanting a KM but getting a Heer.

Had it happen to me also so do not feel bad.....https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...48/?highlight=....

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Well I guess its the same opinions all round Christine, I must admit my first thought was a toned Heer , I was looking hard but there was no borders or 3D effect that I could see, I'm not 100% on the chin strap, it looks out of place with the condition of the helmet, those 'flecks' are probably the results of the
    Lacquer , as it deteriorated over the years ,it crystallises and forms 'flecks' rather than the larger flakes of gold associated with a KM lid, I know how much you have wanted a real decent one and I hope you can get a refund in full or in part as its a nice lid otherwise

your welcome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3