Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M42 liner pics and buckle

Article about: As requested...pics I also performed a simple test on the rivets. When no pressure is applied on the liner the rivets do not move. When pressure is applied, as like a head or in this case my

Default M42 liner pics and buckle

As requested...pics

I also performed a simple test on the rivets. When no pressure is applied on the liner the rivets do not move. When pressure is applied, as like a head or in this case my hand, the rivets can rotate to a certain degree. The rotation is exactly from start to finish of the oxidation pattern. The one rivet could hardly move with pressure, that has the least oxidation, and so on.

I tried to get pics of everything you asked for.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 liner pics and buckle   M42 liner pics and buckle  

M42 liner pics and buckle   M42 liner pics and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 liner pics and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 liner pics and buckle

Sorry about my disgusting fingers in the pic. They are not original to the helmet.

The chinstrap stitching has a seperate horizontal stitch on the right and left side. Hard to see in pic.

Also if you look at the wear and oxidation pattern around the rivets on the chinstrap, they are very similar to that seen on the outside split rivets. I only mention this because it might not be clear in photo.

Oh yeah, when I say you, i meen that for everyone ok, not just to the person responding to the post.

I'm sorry but for me the base color is all wrong , look at how rusted everything is from the rivets of the chinstrap on the D ring to the liner band.
    How clean the inside dome is compared to the rusty liner band. (picture of where you lifted the leather)
    I don't like how the rear seam is stitched either.

Just my opinion but I would return the helmet if you have a warranty. Too many red flags for me.

From which UK seller did you buy this ?

?

OK , i dont want to comment on the whole subject of the helmet persay, i will leave that to others, there is a point that worries me. the chin strap, it appears that this one item has been , what i call over aged, the ageing doesnt relate to the inside , what i mean by that is , if you removed the strap and laid it out straight the outside is aged right to the tips, the tips that are folded over to secure to the studs would not be showing that extent of ageing and doesnt match the wear associated with the brown/tan of the strap on the inside, looking closely at the black dye of the strap you can see where someone has feathered the edges, possibly by using a rough stone or wet and dry, the nape of the leather has been almost ripped apart, i would not expect to see this on a period chin strap, heavy wearing , yes, but not this, there are frayed edges all the way along on both sides to the tips, the insides of the strap would to a certain point be protected as seen by the tanned portion, therefore i would suggest this is a replacement and possibly a replica aged piece, i have done the same for friends of mine when they wanted re-enacting aged helmets and interiors, but i always burn the edges to remove the fraying and will never go that deep into the leather to cause that amount of damage to its entire length, it looks unnatural, this is just my opinion, and open to scrutiny