Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 luftwaffe

Article about: Just wanted to share last years max show find here in pittsburgh pa, can't believe i got for what i got it for, hope the poor guy survived, can't get a good photo of the maker mark but it's

Juergen
    ?

Default Re: M42 luftwaffe

Hi RH-just see your Question-The "little Rings"are original Split Rivets holding the leather to the Spring Ring-so actuell easy to replace for the "squirmish LOL!plenty on the market-" maybe the Guy was shot somewere else took the Helmet off and "leaked" inside??
    Regards Jurgen

2. # ADS

Jurgen, no scratches or holes, maybe the guy had a head wound but still wore the helmet, and rh1941, the photo's make it look like there are medal eyelets but there are none,it's hard to see but the string is discolored from blood also, i'm having trouble downloading more photo's, it's saying my upload has too many kb's for the file, can anybody help?

Try only one or two at a time..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi bowlin,
    Interesting combat veteran. I have a very similar helmet, it's a NS64. I'm also in the Pittsburgh area.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 luftwaffe   M42 luftwaffe  

Very nice lid and in great shape, thanks for sharing it with me, i live in the uniontown area.

Juergen
    ?

Hi greetings-looks like what i found May 1945-maybe a "Flak helmet"?
    I know some like to keep "Found Condition-Myseld want replace the Liner-Leather?
    regards Jurgen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2