Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

Article about: by Danmark Hi, the liner is unusual being only 8 fingers for a 68 shell ( usually 9 or 9 & bit ) that's why it looks shrunk. The colour would be more discernible without the glare - look

Question M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

I was hoping you guys could help me out with this one. I noticed a stamp reading ETC8 on it. What does it mean? Found little newspaper clipping in liner, but haven't unfolded it since I don't want to damage. Any help or comments are appreciated. Thank you!
    M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Default Re: M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

hello, the marking is ET 68, ET is the factory the helmet was manufactured and 68 is the size of the shell. Which is a large size, one of the biggest.

regards Paul

Thanks for pointing that out, Paul! Love learning about this stuff...

?

Can you upload the pics to the forum please.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Just did!

?

Quote by cpuwizshot View Post
    Just did!
    Nice one, thank you!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Could you post a straight on close up of the decal? Remember to use the macro mode on the camera. The decal on this one is 100% correct. I am asking for the picture only because it is a very nice nearly complete decal that will make a great presentation. Also, there should be a number, usually 4 digits, neck stamped in the apron which is known as the "lot" or "batch" number. It is best if you post that with the maker/size stamp. Thanks in advance. Jim G.

Hi, the liner is unusual being only 8 fingers for a 68 shell ( usually 9 or 9 & bit ) that's why it looks shrunk. The colour would be more discernible without the glare - looks fine but just wanted to see the finish better.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Could you post a straight on close up of the decal? Remember to use the macro mode on the camera. The decal on this one is 100% correct. I am asking for the picture only because it is a very nice nearly complete decal that will make a great presentation. Also, there should be a number, usually 4 digits, neck stamped in the apron which is known as the "lot" or "batch" number. It is best if you post that with the maker/size stamp. Thanks in advance. Jim G.
    Just posted the two new pictures for you to examine. The 4 digit number reads "1823"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast