Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

Article about: by Danmark Hi, the liner is unusual being only 8 fingers for a 68 shell ( usually 9 or 9 & bit ) that's why it looks shrunk. The colour would be more discernible without the glare - look

?

Default Re: M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?

Quote by cpuwizshot View Post
    Gotta tell ya Dean, I couldn't find a thread specific to Luftwaffe Decals. Could you point it out to me? Thanks
    I am not sure what to make of this one.
    As already mentioned, it seems to have had a black overpaint, that has been removed at some time.
    The area surrounding the decal strikes me as odd too, as Dan points out.

Here is the link to the deal section, there are different subsections for the different types of decals (Heer, LW, etc).
    Hope this helps.

Brad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe Helmet?
    P
    Many

It is possible black painted for Flak use no way to know everything else looks original to me. Decal looks like it has toned in the years. timothy

I'm going to try and take more photos of the symbol again today. Before I do, Is there any other photos I should be taking to prove this item's' authenticity?

It looks like the decal has possibly been masked when painted black and then the black has been removed?? (So the decal has never been painted)
    It looks like, in one of the pictures that there is grey over spray on the underside of the (birds) left wing?? Paint wise - a bit of a mystery

Quote by radidas View Post
    It looks like the decal has possibly been masked when painted black and then the black has been removed?? (So the decal has never been painted)
    It looks like, in one of the pictures that there is grey over spray on the underside of the (birds) left wing?? Paint wise - a bit of a mystery
    Are you suggesting it has been restored or recently painted or are you saying it could have been re-sprayed or painted over during original era for other purposes?

I'm not saying either, just pointing out some of my observations really.
    From the photos I think the paint looks OK but stripped from the black layer it has had at one time (during/post war), the over spray on the decal looks like the original paint colour but the decal would have been applied after the original coat so shouldn't have over spray on it. Perhaps it was re-issued with a second spray job?? All the parts look original but as mentioned before they might not have been together from day one.

Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3