Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M42 LW Camo

Article about: Hi folks. Here's another camo from the "mine-field". What are your thoughts? It's something that doesn't feel right, grey paint drops on the liner and I don't get that fuzzy feelin

?

Default M42 LW Camo

Hi folks. Here's another camo from the "mine-field". What are your thoughts? It's something that doesn't feel right, grey paint drops on the liner and I don't get that fuzzy feeling or is it just me? Liner looks original but the rest is a whole question for me.

Regards Al

M42 LW CamoM42 LW CamoM42 LW CamoM42 LW CamoM42 LW Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 LW Camo
    P
    Many

Doesn't look good from here at all . I would say the shell and liner look good. The decal is questionable but incredibly hard to see from these pics. I would say its a fake though. The camo is a modern spray job. I would have said this would have just been a standard ND M42 someone has jazzed up for profit

Jason

?

The spray job is too "thin"......you get this sort of look using modern spray pressure pack paints or using a small air brush, doesn't have the thicker appearance caused by using larger air guns in the field

Looks like an aerosol spray job!...not for me thanks!...

Hi , I agree , with the above , it looks like a modern "fine jet" spray , not the large heavy duty type used in the field. Leon.

?

I can't say I like it either, and agree with previous comments regarding the spray job.

Brad.

Chances of a helmet like this being authentic is about 1% in todays world. But they are out there and command very high prices, which is also why 99% of them are fake lol

Somebody ruined another good lid. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Agree with my forum members modern paint no age patina what so ever timothy

?

Thanks guys, let's see if it ends cheap. If so, it would be a good spare-part/ restauration object.

Regards Al