Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M42 nd

Article about: Hi chaps! I have the opportunity to buy this M42 and i'm going to look at it tonight. First of all I really apologise for the crappy pics he sent me. But as said i'm gonna have a look at it

?

Default M42 nd

Hi chaps! I have the opportunity to buy this M42 and i'm going to look at it tonight. First of all I really apologise for the crappy pics he sent me. But as said i'm gonna have a look at it tonight in hand so I guess that I will put all parts together myself, but always good to show you guys first (even though I have bad pics).

What would a regular ND M42 be worth in this condition? I haven't dealt with the seller yet but I hope to get it for under 200 GBP. As I recall, the strap and two rivets are repro..

Thankful for any inputs

Best Regards Al

M42 ndM42 nd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 nd
    P
    Many

?

Hi again, the deal will not go on, the seller wanted minimum 300 GBP but thanks anyway. (And yes, we have talked prices earlier but not said any directly price.)

Thanks Al

Good idea to pass on it if the price isn't right. In today's market there is more helmets than money floating around. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

300 quid is a bit too steep for a ND M42 that has a couple of repro pins and chinstrap IMO.
    I would walk away as well.

Brad.

?

Hi, yes it was too high! I have a M40 scratched "ND" and a M40 salty Heer on the way over here with the mailman. I will show them here when I get them and have some time over.

Thanks Al

Nice original M-42 ND with added part in the end it will be up to you to decide what to give for it. Ten years down the road you might look back and wish you had bought it that seems to of happened to me a lot. timothy

?

Yeah I hear yah! Although I'm just 16 and started collecting in 2010 I wish that I could have been able to start earlier like all the big collectors did, from the scratch before the reference books and do all the bargains.. But there is still some nice deals and helmets to buy which I have done this week.

Cheers Al

?

I've regretted a few too, but the feeling passes when you find an even better, or equal, unmessed with lid for the same money.
    Makes it worth the wait IMO.
    Having said that, the last lid I got had a replacement liner (original, and matching in condition) with original pins (to the shell), and to look at it you couldn't easily tell was fitted post war.
    I"d be a hypocrite to not mention this.

Brad.

?

Yes, I totally agree with you. One should always mention the whole helmets story/ replacements in detail.

Al