Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 ND from Denmark?

Article about: Hi! What's up with this M42 ND? The seller says the family got it from a friend who picked it up in Denmark Mai 1945. The outside looks ok but what's the thing with the silver-ish paint on t

?

Default M42 ND from Denmark?

Hi! What's up with this M42 ND? The seller says the family got it from a friend who picked it up in Denmark Mai 1945. The outside looks ok but what's the thing with the silver-ish paint on the inside? What could the number 1 in the neck stand for?

I'm going to see it in person in a couple of hours so any response is appreciated.
    Thanks Al

M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ND from Denmark?
    P
    Many

?

Sorry for the bad pics, but any opinion is appreciated just so I have some ground to stand on when looking at it, didn't mean to harsh. The only thing I just can't see legit is the silver-paint on the inside. (The liner-string is switched, the owner said he and his Brothers used to play with it as kids.)

Thanks Al

Hi Al , I must admit that this M42 looks fine to me , the "silver" paint you refer to looks like it is the reflection from the flash on the camera , I don't think it is paint at all! For the right price it looks like an honest lid. Leon.

?

Thanks for your input, and yes. Let's just say that I pay just for the value of the liner and chinstrap for the whole helmet! It's nice to buy items directly from the first owner or families. This guy has grown up with this helmet and played with it as a child.

(Will pick it up tomorrow instead).

Regards Al

nice pickup.

Looks like good orignal complete ND m-42 as described already. timothy

?

I agree, it looks like flash from the camera and possibly some bare metal , its a nice looking lid and I hope its going for a nice price

?

Default Picked it up!!

Okay, so i've picked it up a couple of hours ago. I was thrilled when I came into his aprtment cause it looked like a Woodchip Camo? Take some closer looks at the close-ups on the paint i've shot. The inside actually looks blue-silver repainted at some point, maybe during the war with the number one of some reason. The owner said that his family has had this at home since 1946 and they got it from a friend that picked this up in Denmark after the war, they had never done anything to it (besides attaching the drawstring). This time, I totally believe the seller, he also gave me some other nice stuff in the buy. And for the price I got it it seems legit..

Well have a look, and let me know if you want more pics.
    Thanks Al

M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?

?

Seems like there is some sand in the paint, the paint glitter at some spots as if there where small grain of sand.. Really hard to get an honest and realistic photo on how it looks in the reality. Sorry for that.

//Al

M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?M42 ND from Denmark?

Certainly a multitude of colors to that rough paint --- I really like it but I can understand that taking actual representative photos can be hard with this one... I, for one, see no problems here. You did very well as far as I can see, congrats!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast