Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ND helmet

Article about: Hello, I am a newcomer on the forum. Could you give me your impressions on this helmet I just got a few weeks ago? The liner is dated 17 nov 42, and has a RbNR in it. The liner band is a 66/

ate6781
    ?

Default M42 ND helmet

Hello,
    I am a newcomer on the forum.
    Could you give me your impressions on this helmet I just got a few weeks ago?
    The liner is dated 17 nov 42, and has a RbNR in it. The liner band is a 66/58 NA but I can't see the maker. The split pins fit the liner tightely. The chinstrap is not sewn, instead there is a pin ( see picture).
    M42 ND helmetM42 ND helmetM42 ND helmetM42 ND helmet

Thanks a lot!

2. # ADS

?

Hi,

chinatrap looks to me like repro from what i can see.

I dont like the paint

Hello , welcome to the forum , the paint on this one does not look quite right to me , it seems far to shiny unless it has been waxed. The chinstrap also looks like a copy , that said this looks like an original M42 shell, does it have any stamps/markings on the inside skirt anywhere , that will help us tell you more. Leon.

Jan
    ?

Hi and first of all welcome to the forum!

There certainly is a lot going on with this helmet so lets see what the experts have to say about it it. It certainly has the looks of a "put together" type of helmet.

Best,

Jan

Good M42 Shell that's had a repaint, repro chinstrap as mentioned, possible replaced liner (better photo needed to be sure)...
    Despite everything, overall it is still an original helmet and will display nicely...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Hello and a big welcome! It has a lot of red flags for me unfortunately... Is it just me or can anyone else see pitting on the inside of the shell which seems to have been painted over? The chinstrap is an obvious fake and the liner looks to me to be a possible reproduction that has been artificially aged. I could though be wrong, Wait for the experts opinion. Regards, Sean.

ate6781
    ?

Ok, here are some more pictures.
    I didn't pay too much for it.
    M42 ND helmetM42 ND helmet
    The maker stamp is hkp 66 and the batch number is quite illegible.
    Thanks for your answers!
    Sylvain from FRANCE.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 ND helmet  

I don't like any of it. Looks like a good shell that has been entirely redone.

?

I have to agree with Todd, its a semi relic shell that's been repainted then tarted up to fool the unwary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast