Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M42 opinions, please?

Article about: Got this M42 a few years ago, and i would really like some opinions about it... ET66 2662... I don't have it with me, and these are the only photos i have at the moment... Thank you in advan

?

Default M42 opinions, please?

Got this M42 a few years ago, and i would really like some opinions about it... ET66 2662...
    I don't have it with me, and these are the only photos i have at the moment...

Thank you in advance!

M42 opinions, please?

M42 opinions, please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 opinions, please?
    P
    Many

Have never seen a rear stamped ET. Does not look like period paint, liner is questionable

M38
    ?

When enlarging the photos, it looks like it might be an EF rather than ET. Paint is funky looking, at the very least it has been rubbed down or heavily cleaned. Not sure, liner may be okay. It helps when the photos are blown up but still need better pictures to tell anything about it for sure.

Cheers,
    Terry

I agree, and helmet does look repainted.Here is my ET to compair.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 opinions, please?   M42 opinions, please?  

M42 opinions, please?  

?

Well, the paint is what made me post this here... I am also not sure about it, either...
    And there are some "marks" on the inside, that look like the paint has "dripped" to the center of the helmet (i don't know if i can make myself clear, i am not an English speaker)...
    About the liner, i always thought it could be original, but...

And M38, of course it is an EF, silly me, sorry for the mistake, but this has always been a "secondary" piece that never deserved much attention)!

Here are some details (will allow a bit more zooming):

M42 opinions, please?

M42 opinions, please?

M42 opinions, please?

M42 opinions, please?

?

Agree with Terry, spot on.

Robt.

So its an EF,makes a difference,dont know color or finish on those, will leave it to the experts.Anyway nice helmet!

MAP
    ?

To my old eyes there appears to be a lighter green coat of paint on the exterior and interior skirt (but can't tell if it extends beyond the liner band) over what appears to be the original EF grey toned paint. I also see this green paint right up to and on the edges of the brim. I would have expected some more wear.

Thus me thinks it was added post war but pure speculation.

It seems to fall within the range of single decal EF Lot numbers (although there is a small series of ND helmets beginning around lot number 6909). Not conclusive, just pointing it out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm with the repainted post war bunch. Funky color.