Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal

Article about: Hi All I’ve just managed to add this M42 to the collection... hope you like

MAP
    ?

Stevade,

Not telling you what to do, but if these were mine, I would take the straps off the brim.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal
    P
    Many

Why would you want to take them of the brim, Would they rip eventually?

Hi MAP .... Advice taken ... I will do that.

Giants77.... I suppose if the strap is just hanging under the Helmet it’s in its more natural position.... you do tend twist the strap when it goes over the rim.

Very nice Police helmets! smart collector , you don't have to worry as much about these being faked because the prices are still reasonable unlike SS helmets.. here is mine that I got a while back. It's an ET68.M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police DecalM42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal

Thanks Zak9990
    That certainly looks a nice one, especially that Size.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Why would you want to take
    them of the brim, Would they rip eventually?
    Remember, these straps are 70+ years old. Putting them on the brim creates undue stress, especially on the edges. If you scroll through examples here on the forum, you can find examples with ripped or partially torn chin straps from this. Maybe if the strap is loose it would cause less stress, but why tempt fate.

Just loop it through the bales inside. For a photo session it should be fine, but take it off after that.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-15-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Dav
    ?

Quote by Ken B. View Post
    You care to test me?

- - ------- - -

You care to test me
    Not really sure what you mean by this? Apologies if any offence was taken, curiosity got the better of me. And, Stevade, that's a real nice helmet you got there!

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nice to see you posting here Ken. Wish you would come around more often. Can always gain from your experience
    D.
    +++ 1
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for all your comments.... That’s the Combat set, now on the look out for a decent M34 / 17 Polizei.

Hi All .... I took MAP’s advice and dropped the straps off the brim..

Now put away with the others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal   M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal  

M42 Polizei with hkp / SE unboardered Police Decal  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast