Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?

Article about: Hi, I found this M42 and I am interested in opinions of others. Is it post-war Czechoslovak reissue (black paint) with wartime liner ring and post-war leather (or late war pig-skin) ? Any fe

Looks nice. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Is the liner band painted black? One side? Both sides? I've heard this is typical of Czech refurb fire helmets.

Reason I ask, I have an untouched vet bringback SS lid with a black painted liner band (not overspray). All split pins are untouched and liner condition matches the shell. There was speculation that the liner band (which is wartime produced) was post war Czech refurb - but it does not match the proviance of the helmet...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

On this particular helmet liner was untouched other than some mold that was cleaned off.

I had other czech reissue m35 with czech liner, which used the german liner ring to mount czech 4 finger liner. On that one rivets were the czech bulky ones. Liner ring was clean - no paint etc.

Well done, I'm looking at several M42s at the moment myself...I sold off my 5 helmets last year and it's time for another Stahlhelm to join my display! These Czech Reissues are still affordable too...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    On this particular helmet liner was untouched other than some mold that was cleaned off.

I had other czech reissue m35 with czech liner, which used the german liner ring to mount czech 4 finger liner. On that one rivets were the czech bulky ones. Liner ring was clean - no paint etc.
    Thanks. I that my SS is 100% legit, but this black painted linerband is a mystery I'm trying to solve....So with this I will lay off and not highjack your thread....

M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks and here are few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?   M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?  

M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?   M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?  

Liner system
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?   M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?  

another Czechoslovak reissued helmet - m35

redone - all original except the paint.

M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?   M42 - post-war Czechoslovak reissue or late war ?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2