Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 Rautarn Helmet - Makers Mark - Series Number ?

Article about: On Saturday at the flea-market bought this M42 Rautarn helmet with liner, no decal nor any signs of one being there at all. At the collectors club later on Saturday evening I was bemoaning t

Default Re: M42 Rautarn Helmet - Makers Mark - Series Number ?

Thanks for the interior photo. I'm not sure about the liner. Looks fat where it rolls around the bottom of the bands. Even if the liner is new, it's still a good buy. Stand by for other comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Rautarn Helmet - Makers Mark - Series Number ?
    P
    Many

?

Helmetone,
    To help, a couple more close-up shots of the lining. Flexing it between the fingers, its dry and not supple at all to the touch, you feel if you bent it double, it would break like a biscuit . Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Rautarn Helmet - Makers Mark - Series Number ?   M42 Rautarn Helmet - Makers Mark - Series Number ?  

Nice late-war Stahlhelm, congratulations...and a fleamarket find at that! Hope you got it at a good price!
    Cheers, Glenn

Hello again,even though your liner looks very clean i think it is a good original to the helmet.The heavier rusting appears to be on the outside of the helmet with much less on the inside,so i personally think that alls good with this one.A nice pick up.

Come to think of it, I saw an M42 Heer helmet back in August with a liner that looked just like this one, and it was all original. I feel confident now yours is all good. A great find, especially for a flea market! I'd value it around $350-450USD. Congrats

?

Again thanks everyone, quite heartening to read the positives. At 100 Euro I paid, I've had a bargain. I'll ask the seller next time we meet, where he got it and more importantly if he's got any more. Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2