Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 for review

Article about: Could I have opinions on this possible future purchase, was not sure if the liner was a Dyed Norwegian issued , although the pins holding the leather to the band look to be the aluminium typ

?

Default M42 for review

Could I have opinions on this possible future purchase, was not sure if the liner was a Dyed Norwegian issued , although the pins holding the leather to the band look to be the aluminium type not the brass Norwegian type. Hope this thread doesn't appear twice, as my first attempt didn't appear. Sorry for the picture quality they are all I have from the seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 for review   M42 for review  

M42 for review   M42 for review  

Last edited by busman; 09-01-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: More info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 for review
    P
    Many

Hi, shell has potential, what with possible whitewash around the pins and vents and all I can see with liner is discolouration, but you really need to push the seller for much better pics of the whole helmet to make any call.

Not a Norwegian, but has darkened with some oil or leather treatment as i can see the flat aluminium rivets (Norgys have domed brass ones )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks guys for the input. I may take a chance on it as the price is good.

Hi, it's worth a go if the price is right, just looks like a treated liner to me as well. Leon.

?

Price is £170,seems a good price.

Hi Busman, that is a good price, worth a punt at 170 quid.

?

I'll will pick it up Saturday and upload a few better pictures. Thanks for the advice everyone as always nice to have a few eyes look over it before parting with the green.

?

Just picked up the helmet, more than happy,the liner pins are all nice and tight don't look to be messed with. The helmet has had a white wash at some point the wash has gone on to be liner band and under the liner band onto the shell.not sure if this would have been post war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 for review   M42 for review  

Hi, all looks like it could well be period white wash to me, well done, I would not worry about the white running under the band ,not all helmets were painted / cammo'd by conscientious artists!! The only real "artists" are the bum's messing up good helmets now!!!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast