Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 "sand cammo" Hkp66

Article about: Sitting on the same shelf is an interesting M42 - lot number 34658, bought online from a seller who got it from a house clearance in the UK. ( Norfolk if I recall ) How it got there ( and it

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Dan, believe it or not but I think I used to own this very same helmet about 6-7 years back! The bits I recognise are the chinstrap repairs and the "thin" rear liner tongue (plus staining of course). I am glad it has found a good home as in many ways I regret letting it go, but needs must at various times. Also you a quite right, this one was recovered from a house clearance in Norwich, Norfolk but I have no other details than that I am afraid. Good to see it again, it has travelled a long way!!! Leon.
    I got it off eBay Leon ....did i buy it from you before i joined the forum or did the bloke you sold it to sell it to me?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 "sand cammo" Hkp66
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Great helmet , most probably there is a decal under there.
    Flash is a no no for helmet photography.

Buy yourself a nice light tent with 2 daylight lamps and your can use it for life. 150 quid will set you up nicely.
    Not sure whether this was pre or post decal drop for hkp Frank. So your numbers suggest pre?

A tent has always been my plan - just never seemed to get around to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 "sand cammo" Hkp66 

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I got it off eBay Leon ....did i buy it from you before i joined the forum or did the bloke you sold it to sell it to me?
    Hi Dan, I sold it on ebay so you probably bought it direct from me! If I recall the "winning bidder" (from Scotland) was unhappy that there was some light pitting inside so when he asked for some "money off" I gave him short shrift, asked for the helmet to be sent back, refunded him and offered it to the next highest bidder who I guess was you! Glad it went to someone who knew the real value of what they were looking at, rather than a muppet who was trying it on!!! Look after it, I may well ask you to sell it back to me one day! Leon.

Keeping it in the family !! Nothing better than that.

Yeah...let's all grab Dans' helmets. I want the M35 SE re-paint, Leon wants the M42.. Michael wants the M40 Q

Any more you wish to part with Dan ?

that's my best stuff

You guys!!!!! ....... No fair - I'm telling mum!!

Ha ha ha !!!....Uh Oh !! Don't want to get Mum involved

MAP
    ?

I'll happily take that Q as well as some of Dan's Jerry Cans......He has too many anyway and I have none.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'll happily take that Q as well as some of Dan's Jerry Cans......He has too many anyway and I have none.
    I'll drop one off at Bondi beach, Michael.
    Take a trip to California in a few months ..... something may wash up....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I'll drop one off at Bondi beach, Michael.
    Take a trip to California in a few months ..... something may wash up....
    I stay far away from the Left Coast,,,,although the Right (Northeast) coast where I live is just as bad....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice helmet!!! Seems to be ok!!! Nice item

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2