Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 sawdust camo

Article about: I have the chance to buy this helmet. What do you think? Best pictures I have. Price is 500.00usd. Marty

Fakety fake fake... right down to the SS rank and name written on the liner. It's a clever trick fakers use to turn what would be just a camo into an SS camo, raising the value without having to even put a decal on. But they didn't fool us, because we know better. Pass!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sawdust camo
    P
    Many

Dear t-yager,

Hello Marty,sorry I'm not an expert,but liner looks real to me. Nothing was replaced. This is from my deceased fathers collection. I just help my mother to sell his military things. I look on the chinstrap and noticed tiny stamp: SS runes in the double circle. All the best.Maria.

Her email too me
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 04-09-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

too perfect,no wear to the camo or edges of helmet.

I want to THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! For all the information I passed on the helmet. Marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Ok I just go an email from the seller about the liner and chinstrap. The helmet is from her fathers collection who died. Ok the liner she does not know if it is a replacement she is not an helmet person. The chinstrap has ss runes in a double circle stamped on it. Marty
    Oh my god - another selling his/her late father's collection. eBay seems to be full of bereaved relatives selling military things they know nothing about.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Oh my god - another selling his/her late father's collection. eBay seems to be full of bereaved relatives selling military things they know nothing about.
    A commonly seen fakers trick these days.

Always remember to buy the item not the BS An item I saw recently was attic found in an old box, belonged to a deceased Vet, sold by someone with no knowledge etc..... and it had blue tack on the back which proved it came from an old collection/had been in an album.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Dear t-yager,

Hello Marty. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this helmet, I see that you are very erudite in this field. But I also trust my father's inventory description, because he was collecting this things for more than 35 years.So anyway was very nice to deal with you. Best regards,Maria.

If your just buying a plain old helmet then ebay is an ok place, because alot of good plain old helmets get listed on there, but for something exotic or anything SS or camo then I would pass. 99% is fake. If you want something exotic then buying from a well known dealer is the best way, and of course you will pay premium for it, thats just the way it is.

I generally get all my helmets from the families of Vets who call me from the ad I have posted in the local paper. This just struck me funny and pulled me in. I have bought only one helmet off eBay and that was the tank destroyer m1 helmet. Marty

Sorry correction 2 helmets off eBay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast