Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M42 sawdust camo

Article about: I have the chance to buy this helmet. What do you think? Best pictures I have. Price is 500.00usd. Marty

Same old story Marty,when its too cheap to be true it generally is,glad you gave it a miss.................a real one would be four or five times that amount,as you said the clue was in the asking price.............

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sawdust camo
    P
    Many

The reserve was not met and I had emailed seller days before and she did tell me the reserve was 500.00. I knew there was something that did not smell right when the reserve was not met. I was hoping I had a sleeper on my hands. Oh well!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The reserve was not met and I had emailed seller days before and she did tell me the reserve was 500.00. I knew there was something that did not smell right when the reserve was not met. I was hoping I had a sleeper on my hands. Oh well!
    keep looking Marty never say never mate.........

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    "To the poster who said SS runes embossed on a chinstrap never happened, I beg to differ. But you must know they are as rare as chickens with lips and won't ever be found on an M42. Especially one with a fake liner, fake chinstrap and fake textured camo."

My bad Doug. I have never seen or heard of an SS marked chinstrap, Thought it would be a reproduction fantasy item. Cheers, Sean.
    No worries. Most are fake and fantasy. I've seen precious few real ones. The ones you might see would be SS VA stamped. There was a beater SS M35 for sale a while back with a very real SS runic stamped strap, however the price was so high as not to justify buying the helmet for the strap. I've seen only a handful. Always on a very early M35. SS VA straps can be seen typically on 37-38 Q double decal SS M35's with the strap always made by Carl Tesch Berlin. I have do have one such strap on an EF M35 double runic SS, 3 on Q's.

UPDATE!!! The helmet was relisted and sold for 510.00 usd. The buyer was a private buyer.
    Marty

A fool departed with his money.

So true.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4