Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m42 SD

Article about: thinking about buying this helmet for a nice price , can anyone help me with orginality? it is also a ckl 66 ;-)

Default m42 SD

thinking about buying this helmet for a nice price , can anyone help me with orginality?
    it is also a ckl 66 ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 SD   m42 SD  

m42 SD   m42 SD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 SD
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: m42 SD

I don't like what the decal looks like.... It could be a fake or restored but I am sure some one else can give you the final answer

i think it s ok but someone has tried to clean it some way
    i ve seen them like this before

?

Not a helmet expert at all, but looking at the decal, it's odd how there are scratches on and around the decal but not the rest of the helmet...as if someone was trying to "age" the decal...very suspicious, but someone with more experience can verify....

i think it has something to do with the gray paint above the decal maby its tried to revealt the decal
    better pics this evening

I don`t like the eagles head... The head is to big? and someone has tried to age the head part a lot more the rest of the decal.
    Then again I am not an expert...

And, is it just me or?, I seem to notice that there is more "black" on the right side of the decal then on the left side? (close to the wings)

And a big area around the decal is sticking out color-wise?

The decal i think, is good, loss of detail through high usage. coupled with a bad camera angle. I would want to see a straight on photo in daylight to stick my neck out

Its had a re-paint, but I'm more concerned with the stamp inside the top. Looks too crisp and clean for the condition of the helmet overall. Liners heavily worn, helmet is too?..................put together maybe?

The red arrows highlight something I believe the fakers cannot replicate..............JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 SD  

i will post some better tomorrow with better light

The decal is a very ordinary fake with age scratchs.I don't have to be an expert to say that and what can we say thats good about it?? Its not even a very good job and i would certailny buy a better and more original lid.This one does not show any of the usual character and therefore the warning signs begin

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast