Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 SD Heer

Article about: Hi guys, any tought on this M42 SD Heer would be welcome. A bit salty but all there imo. I have no picture of the maker. Thanks for you time.

?

Default M42 SD Heer

Hi guys,

any tought on this M42 SD Heer would be welcome.
    A bit salty but all there imo.
    I have no picture of the maker.

Thanks for you time.M42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD HeerM42 SD Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD Heer
    P
    Many

Pity someone did the sanding to the lot number on what is otherwise a nice used example.
    So annoying when that happens. .... grr

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, a very nice HEER M42 helmet that looks to be a CKL made piece by the look of the lot number area. As Dan said, a shame it has had that area sanded, why people do that I have no idea! Leon.

?

I'm sorry to say guys... but the seller admitted that he made the helmet himself. He just restored a original shell.
    The whole helmet is repro.
    He wrote it in his description in his advertising but I must have missed that while reading.
    In other words, this is a dangerous helmet!!! Good that the seller is a honest person.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    I'm sorry to say guys... but the seller admitted that he made the helmet himself. He just restored a original shell.
    He wrote it in his description in his advertising but I must have missed that while reading.
    In other words, this is a dangerous helmet!!! Good that the seller is a honest person.
    Well he had me fair and square, it's a bloody good fake and a bit of an eye opener for me! I will have to pay closer attention from now on. Leon.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Not really the lotnr tells us this is a no decal helmet and I am sure a straight shot of the decal would have revealed it as fake as well.

The tails of the split rivets are also clues that this is a put together piece. They are too long and artificially aged.

..... so he restores a helmet, slaps on a decal, ages the liner and chinstrap to a very believable condition and then sands back the lot number which allows those cluey enough ( not gullible enough like me ) to bust him?

I recall posts on here verbally castrating those who do "restorations" like that - because one or two changes of hands later the true story is lost and another 'genuine' lid hits the market.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Evening, now that it is mentioned, the rivet "lugs" are noticeably to long, so I should have spotted that. As for the old lot number adage, it is only a guide and certainly not a definite indicator to either branch of service batches or configurations (as Doug would reiterate) if only he were still with us. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Evening, now that it is mentioned, the rivet "lugs" are noticeably to long, so I should have spotted that. As for the old lot number adage, it is only a guide and certainly not a definite indicator to either branch of service batches or configurations (as Doug would reiterate) if only he were still with us. Leon.
    But the lotnumbers does tell us quite clearly when the decal applications stopped for CKL.
    I think no mention was made to what branch it would be , should be or is ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast