Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 SD Heer

Article about: Hi guys, any tought on this M42 SD Heer would be welcome. A bit salty but all there imo. I have no picture of the maker. Thanks for you time.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    But the lotnumbers does tell us quite clearly when the decal applications stopped for CKL.
    I think no mention was made to what branch it would be , should be or is ?
    True. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD Heer
    P
    Many

?

To be honest ,at first I thought this was a fair looking helmet, but there was something worrying me, and before i read any of the comments , the split pins were begining to leave with the thought that the liner had been replaced with repro pins,so much so that I had to get my helmets out to check, but the thing that worries me the most, is that this helmet was made to decieve, no matter what the seller said, I daresay that in another mood he would not have declared it as a reworked original shell and taken the money and run, this goes to prove how important very detailed photos are when dealing with helmets

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    To be honest ,at first I thought this was a fair looking helmet, but there was something worrying me, and before i read any of the comments , the split pins were begining to leave with the thought that the liner had been replaced with repro pins,so much so that I had to get my helmets out to check, but the thing that worries me the most, is that this helmet was made to decieve, no matter what the seller said, I daresay that in another mood he would not have declared it as a reworked original shell and taken the money and run, this goes to prove how important very detailed photos are when dealing with helmets
    Well Dave, offcourse you are right here.
    But when I started my conversation with the seller, he also told that he has some SS helmets.
    When seeing them, I instantly saw they had fake decals. (I can detect fake SS decals faster then Heer ones...)
    In the meanwhile he told me that he restored the Heer helmet with a fake Heer decal. He was honest to me eventually.
    But if I had bad intentions, I could have bought the helmet and sold him as real. Indeed, this is a helmet to decieve.

If I was to restore/refurbish an old shell, I would likely try to be as true to the original as well...this man is just better at it than most, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Found this old thread I found interesting. I enjoy looking at fakes. You guys established the pins were bad...obvious that the inner spring bands were aged & pins fake. However I zoomed in on this & looks like a real ET decal. What a waste ! He must have a number of them to apply on his "creations". Can anyone see better & I hope I am wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2