Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 SD Heer Camo

Article about: The seller said the numbers along the skirt are unreadable. As the seventh photo shows, the skirt has been painted over, covering the lot#, and maker markings. I can tell the seller is getti

Default Re: M42 SD Heer Camo

The seller said the numbers along the skirt are unreadable. As the seventh photo shows, the skirt has been painted over, covering the lot#, and maker markings. I can tell the seller is getting irritated by my questions, and is acting a little uncooperative. In his defense, I can somewhat understand why, since he has received mountains of other request. I think he is going to send me a close up, I'll post it when I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD Heer Camo
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Put it this way, unless the seller starts with good photos, don't waste your time asking for more. That said asking for better photos did land me one of the best helmets I own...but the lady sent the helmet without payment first so I could examine it before payment sent anyway.
    She must have really like you.
    You go boy.
    chris

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    The seller said the numbers along the skirt are unreadable. As the seventh photo shows, the skirt has been painted over, covering the lot#, and maker markings. I can tell the seller is getting irritated by my questions, and is acting a little uncooperative. In his defense, I can somewhat understand why, since he has received mountains of other request. I think he is going to send me a close up, I'll post it when I can.
    If he's irritated by people being interested in giving him their money i would let him keep his suspect helmet,that way his blood pressure may cool down,and a smile just may break out on his face!!

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I could understand the seller if he's selling this for 100 bucks but I guess he's not and if that is his attitude I'd walk away. I never give my hard earned cash to someone who's not cooperative and happy to receive it.

I think we have all had one of these sellers with an attitude problem. I had one this past summer in regards to an SS helmet he had. Long story short, we exchanged emails and even had a telephone call. He claimed to be a collector and sent me a good number of photos, but never sent me EXACTLY what I was asking for with respect to the decal. He refused to meet me halfway between our houses without first settling on a sale price. And when I refused to do that, he tried to get me to send him the money and trust him to send me the helmet, which I wasn't even comfortable with being authentic at that point. He even rejected my offer to have it sent to a third party for opinions and/or a COA. Finally, I guess he was so fed up and irritated that his wife even emailed me about his frustration and questioned my commitment to spend the money to buy a real SS helmet. That did it for me, my interest was gone and his potential sale was lost.

Don't let his irritation and frustration pressure you into buying an item you are not 100% sure of. If the item is good and he really wants to sell, than he will jump through the hoops to make the sale. Remember, it's his job to sell his item. You don't HAVE to buy it.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I think we have all had one of these sellers with an attitude problem. I had one this past summer in regards to an SS helmet he had. Long story short, we exchanged emails and even had a telephone call. He claimed to be a collector and sent me a good number of photos, but never sent me EXACTLY what I was asking for with respect to the decal. He refused to meet me halfway between our houses without first settling on a sale price. And when I refused to do that, he tried to get me to send him the money and trust him to send me the helmet, which I wasn't even comfortable with being authentic at that point. He even rejected my offer to have it sent to a third party for opinions and/or a COA. Finally, I guess he was so fed up and irritated that his wife even emailed me about his frustration and questioned my commitment to spend the money to buy a real SS helmet. That did it for me, my interest was gone and his potential sale was lost.

Don't let his irritation and frustration pressure you into buying an item you are not 100% sure of. If the item is good and he really wants to sell, than he will jump through the hoops to make the sale. Remember, it's his job to sell his item. You don't HAVE to buy it.
    TOP advice there Helmstone!! I would tell this guy"thanks but no thanks". I would also add that if he knows his helmet is a good one he will need to co-operate with his potential buyers in the future,otherwise he will still have it in ten years time!That said i doubt he will want to take your "time saving" words as he probably knows full well that the cammo is fake!!(hence the irritation!!) Leon

?

Buying a helmet should never be an exercise in frustration. The very second a seller starts jacking around bail out. Good sellers have no problems helping buyers out. Heck I have had collectors send me items without payment for hands on inspection before I have paid and I have done likewise. If a guy cannot be bothered to take good photos in the first place chances are 99% its a scam or the item is junk anyway.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Buying a helmet should never be an exercise in frustration. The very second a seller starts jacking around bail out. Good sellers have no problems helping buyers out. Heck I have had collectors send me items without payment for hands on inspection before I have paid and I have done likewise. If a guy cannot be bothered to take good photos in the first place chances are 99% its a scam or the item is junk anyway.
    Agree.
    chris

?

I would say this is a fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2