Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 sd heer camo et64 with liner

Article about: Here's a helmet I picked up from bfmilteria, I know camo helmets are a minefield but I feel that this one is legit but it's salty as you can see, I took closeups of the paint and you can see

Quote by MAP View Post
    camo paint is always hard to photograph. Depending on the paint some need shade others need some direct (but non glare) light. But most of all they need to be very focused and able to expand so people can look at the fine details

here are a few examples

M35 ET62 Normandy Camo with Leader Stripe / Named

M40 Q62 Named Camo SD Heer Juttner Decal

ET64 Normandy Heer Camo Lot #513
    Nice , difference is like night and day ! Just goes to show how important a small investment in a good setup is. Especially if you are a forum member.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sd heer camo et64 with liner
    P
    Many

So does the new pictures help?

I can see different colors now but the glare and shadows still make it hard to view as whole.
    Yeah camo's are tough to photograph :-) I had the same issue many years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 sd heer camo et64 with liner  

MAP
    ?

I agree with Frank. A different set of problems now.

Take it outside. If sunny, Take two sets. One under a covered porch or shade and one in the sun.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here's a test pic of helmet

M42 sd heer camo et64 with liner

I'd say a good period done camo, you can see the rust coming through all the colours evenly!...

It looks a nice helmet, you would be hard-pushed to replicate that. When I take photographs, and I'm not using a flash on the camera, I use a good steady and adjustable tripod and a remote shutter release, this allows the camera to pick it's own shutter speed for the available light and eliminates the risk of camera shake.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hi, well even though the latest photo does not show up the colours, I see no issues with the wear, it all looks even across the whole of the helmet and consummate with the decal. Knowing that there is colour there from the other images I would be inclined to think that this is a period cammo, although more images like this last one would be good to see. Well done. Leon.

I agree the helmet looks good , perhaps a somewhat subdued camo that will come out better with the right background and lighting.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    subdued camo that will come out better with the right background and lighting.
    Agree. Not always easy to do with camo helmets
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast