Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M42 SD Heer Helmet - For review and opinion needed!

Article about: Hello Fellas I`d like to show you my latest addition to my collection. It's a complete M42 SD Heer Helmet with manufacturer and size ET64 and lot number 2445. Its signed with the soldiers na

Ves
    ?

Sorry for my ignorance,I'm just not that familiar . Just like you said,let's see what the others will say

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD Heer Helmet - For review and opinion needed!
    P
    Many

Nothing really wrong on this helmet albeit it has been cleaned and waxed.
    the tan might be residue of the wax or it might have had some paint over that small area (box or house paint whatever...), also because we can't see it on any other area of the shell, only a remnant below the lot nr seems like

Ves
    ?

Thanks for your comment sysyphus. Your opinion really makes me feel better,hope you are right

Cheers!
    Ves

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    Hello
    Sidemarked M42 made by ET have in the most cases decals
    The helmet looks good IMO but, on your 13th pic it seem that the dark paint were broken away
    IMO it seem to be restored with a original decal(the US-Army captured many sheets with decals and put it on helmets)
    Wait for other opinions because I am not 100% shure
    BR
    Bavarian
    Sorry but your assessment is completely wrong and misguided.
    If you are not sure than do not post.

The helmet is all good.

Glad this helmet got the thumbs up from Frank and Andrea. Ves - this is all you need to know, it is good. Happy for you.
    Nick

Ves
    ?

Thank you Nick. Definitely now I feel much better

Cheers!
    Ves

Been away from this forum for a couple of weeks, wow! .... Anyway, back to this thread, I think this is a very nice looking lid, with a very nice looking decal. The helmet does seem to have a sheen to it, if it was oiled it will evaporate over time.

TWS
    ?

Helmet looks good from here! Albeit the already mentioned shine or sheen to the paint, but veterans and even collectors did well-intentioned but misguided "preservation measures" back in the day.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

I'm late to the thread. Out most of the day.

No need really to provide comments as Andrea and Franks are right. But no issues for me. Agree, it's oiled or waxed. Outside chance it has a light varnish but I don't think so.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice M42 Ves. Well done.

Some people like to leave the chinstrap over the front visor while others like to have it hang down. The choice is personal but I like to have mine hanging down to lessen the chance of it breaking. If you do remove it from the visor just be very careful as the leather may already be quite weak. In service when the leather was new and much stronger this would not have been an issue of course.

Andy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast