Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SD, original decal?

Article about: Hi all! i have been offered this M42 SD for 200€, i think the price is a great price, because it's in very good conditions, but it's 100% original? or what do you think about it? good deal,

Default M42 SD, original decal?

Hi all! i have been offered this M42 SD for 200€, i think the price is a great price, because it's in very good conditions, but it's 100% original? or what do you think about it? good deal, or another prepared fake?

Thanks guys!

M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?M42 SD, original decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD, original decal?
    P
    Many

EDIT: The shell is in terrible condition. It has a lot of what appears to be water damage. The inside dome is rusted, yet the liner looks supple and in good condition except for the edges. The skirt, and really the whole interior, is paintless. The outside of the helmet retains some paint, but also a lot of rust. It has been cleaned. I see pit holes all over the shell, but miraculously the Heer decal is 90%+ intact. It's hard to believe the decal is legit based on the rest of the helmet. If not fake it might be an original applied post war. It happens from time to time. I can't seem to identify the Heer type either; it doesn't help that it is an M42.

Can you get a close up of the whole decal not just the top half? So far it's not looking good, but I'll reserve my final judgement until after I see the feet of the eagle.
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 06-02-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Hello Williamsong, the decal seems in good condition compared to the rest of the helmet.

I do not immediately get a warm fuzzy.

not for me.

Hi ,I agree that the decal appears to be much better condition than the surrounding paintwork, but it is a tough one to call for sure from these images. If it is a fake it's a pretty good one. Leon.

As already mentioned, the decal is in much better condition than the rest of the shell. An immediate red flag for me. I would pass.

I would have to agree with previous statements.
    Cheers
    Nuno

I do not like any of it. The details on the decal tell me it's junk. Look at the graphics, how the edges of the feathers and wings. Very sharp points being made by the printer. I wouldn't touch this helmet.

Thank you very much for all the replies guys!! very helpful as always, i'm gonna let it go, and wait for another.

Thanks!