Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 shell near mint?

Article about: What do you think about this? Im gonna get better pics later.

Default M42 shell near mint?

What do you think about this? Im gonna get better pics later.
    M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 shell near mint?
    P
    Many

Well, it's a very rare Quist produced M42 that looks to be in really great condition. Better pics would be interesting as I have a few questions about the paint finish. I have one myself that seems to have a similar green tone on the inside.

Edit, on closer inspection the interior looks to have been brush painted? Get more pics certainly but if the price is not too high it would be worth getting IMO, just for the rarity of the shell.

?

The paint is certainly postwar but as Andy said the shell itself is fairly hard to come by.

I don't think I've ever seen one in the expected wartime spec Doug.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen one in the expected wartime spec Doug.
    If I recall GHW2 member foamspoon had one years ago, in the correct wartime late war grey paint he posted there. I am sure I have seen the odd one pop up over the years and Brian Ice who tracks these M42's like a hawk could probably elaborate more on the correct paint, as is his area of specialty with these late war helmets.

More pics
    M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?M42 shell near mint?

I'm thinking post war paint. The shade is just off. For a good price is buy it for the rare shell type.