Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312

Article about: Here is one I have had for just about ever, at least 20 years. The decal is about 98% as is the paint and the piece is complete with the common cheap clothe liner and the original leather ch

Default M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312

Here is one I have had for just about ever, at least 20 years. The decal is about 98% as is the paint and the piece is complete with the common cheap clothe liner and the original leather chinstrap. Although just a beaded Luftschutz, it has a few characteristics that to me make it special. First, it is a beaded M42, somewhat uncommon for that respect alone. Second, it is a decaled M42 beaded Luftschutz, making it even a bit rarer. Third, it almost certainly saw active service as is evident from the repaired battle damage on the top right of the dome. (I think this is battle damage rather than the manufacturing flaw that caused its rejection as a combat helmet because after the hole was repaired the area was touched up with a different color blue.) Fourth, it is an M42 Q shell, one of the rarest of the M42 shells. I still don't have a Q M42 combat shell, but for now this one does it for me. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312   M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312  

M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312   M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312  

M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312   M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single Decal Beaded Luftschutz Helmet - Q 64 - Lot # DN312
    P
    Many

?

I bet that ding gave the wearer a headache! Nice clean helmet.

Hi Jim, nice Luftschutz helmet, by coincidence I am considering getting the beaded M40 on Espenlaub. I think these Third Reich Home Front helmets are a tad under appreciated. Leon.

I like it Jim. The beaded Luftschutz helmets just have more zing to them compared to the civil lids.
    Thanks for showing.

Steve

a ding dong helmet.