MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029

Article about: Yesterday I pulled out a box with a few SS helmets that I have had for a very long time. This one I have had for a while, but I don't remember when or from whom I bought it. It is a fairly w

Default M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029

Yesterday I pulled out a box with a few SS helmets that I have had for a very long time. This one I have had for a while, but I don't remember when or from whom I bought it. It is a fairly well preserved single decal SS, with a classic ET runic decal, complete with steel banded liner and a full length unmarked chin strap. I fear it didn't end well for the soldat as the liner exhibits evidence of blood rot damage. The shell is neck stamped, "ckl66" with lot number 3029. The decal is canted, as is often encountered on these mid war "ckl's". This one appears to have been included in a large order from the Waffen SS as there are 5 other single decal SS "ckl's" on the GHW data base - 4 are size 66 and 1 is a size 62. Not mint, but this one definitely saw combat. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029   M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029  

M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029   M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029  

M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029   M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029
    P
    Many

Sorry to say Jim, but the damage to the decal looks odd to me...forced. Is there similar damage to the surrounding area or indeed to the rest of the shell because the photos don't make that clear.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Sorry to say Jim, but the damage to the decal looks odd to me...forced. Is there similar damage to the surrounding area or indeed to the rest of the shell because the photos don't make that clear.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Glenn, ??? Are you implying a fake decal? Post War application? With all due respect, this is a one look ET decal. Compare it to the decal on my other combat vet CKL M42. If this one is bad they are both fake. The thread starter has some chips in the paint throughout, and the decal took an unfortunate hit, but if this one isn't real and factory applied I should stop collecting. Check the "Real Decal" section at GHW. Look at some other mid War CKL SS helmets. This one is textbook. I have a relatively thick skin, but really. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029   M42 Single Decal SS - ckl66 - Lot # 3029  

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ned, I LOVE your observations! A fan, Jim G.

M38
    ?

Two good ones, no problem thar I see Jim.

Cheers,
    Terry

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The thread starter has some chips in the paint throughout, and the decal took an unfortunate hit.
    That is what I wanted to know, thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry Glenn, I guess I am getting crabby in my old age. I should take a breath before posting like that. Regarding the lot #, the last picture is a bit clearer than the picture in the original post and definitely shows that the number is 3029. Jim G.

I feel sorry for Ned...all that Stella and popcorn gone to waste!

?

I feel sorry for Ned...all that Stella and popcorn gone to waste!
    I wouldn't call it a waste Glenn
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast