Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 snow camo

Article about: Hi Guys the liner, strap on this on are great (no pics but trust me). My concern is the camo. It looks old, but maybe to shiny. I am bidding on it. Would love some cimments on the camo to ma

Default Re: M42 snow camo

looks like used postwar by eastern block country
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 snow camo
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. I believe it's a requirement to show all aspects of a helmet wen posting for opinions, and it's a must for completely accurate and well informed opinions. Based on these pics, this is a post war painted helmet. No true snow Camo is going to have that shine, and there is no patina to the paint. The liner and strap show promise but more pics are needed to be 100% sure. Might be that someone painted a good helmet white in hopes of increasing the return on their investment.

Hi and welcome. It's not likely to be a Quist since it's an M42, I reckon it's an NS shell. The strap and liner and interior paint all look great, but it's post war winter paint IMO.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Hi and welcome. It's not likely to be a Quist since it's an M42, I reckon it's an NS shell. The strap and liner and interior paint all look great, but it's post war winter paint IMO.
    Any markings on the skirt, ?? A Q M42 is indeed a rare item as Andy implies

?

you are right. it is an NS62. Thanks guys, doubts confirmed. Man it really is sad that someone did that to an original.
    I backed out. Seller said I could buy it for 550 euro. If the paint was real I wouldnt hesitate. If it didnt have the paint I probably also would have done it. But with this paint... just to much for me. He is kinda pissed I backex out allthough I said I wanted to know more about the paint first. Who knowd maybe I do a counter offer for 250. Liner and strap alone are worth that right? Anyways... on to the another helmet.Thanks to all!!

Too bad if he is pissed. It's a messed with helmet and he has to deal with that. You're the potential buyer. You can back out anytime you want.

?

I'm not sure that strap is original. Not worth €550, it's a wasted trip baby as Oddball would say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2