Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 Stahlhelm

Article about: Hi, a great M42 shell ,the guys have said all you need to hear already, I will just add that if your friend is generous enough to give you great pieces like this for free, buy him a beer and

Hi, a great M42 shell ,the guys have said all you need to hear already, I will just add that if your friend is generous enough to give you great pieces like this for free, buy him a beer and a big bag of sweets! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

I did a trade with him on this helmet. I obtained this from a vets estate sale back in 2012, he was a SGT. in the U.S. 3rd Army. It was captured sometime during his time in France and sent home. Sadly it sat in their shed for many many years. Causing the liner to deteriorate. If it still had its original leather liner and chinstrap. It'd still be sitting on my shelf. But, I want to try to dig a complete one out of the woodwork this year if possible, to replace this one.

?

Shame about the leather liner, but why was the inner band removed, they are not that easy to remove if you dont know how, and if you forced it out , there would be signs of damage, strange what people do

If I didn't know how to remove the band properly, I wouldn't have. But it's not my first time doing so. With reenacting (with repro bands) I became quite good at it.

?

So you took the inner band out, do you still have it, you might be able to replace the leather and felt with an original one

Nice shell Now it just needs a nice liner.

My plan is to restore it with all 100% original leather. Will make a nice display once that is done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2