Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 unfinished?

Article about: I would say post-war also. chris

All wrong and out of proportion.There is no way a German factory would ever turn out a lid like this....not even at the end.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 unfinished?
    P
    Many

Very interesting. The helmet certainly appears to be a fake copy but that cannot be the case if it was found in a Czech storage along side normal M42's.
    I have no idea what this is. I'm interested to see if this thread comes back to life again.

Quote by ShapedSteel View Post
    Very interesting. The helmet certainly appears to be a fake copy but that cannot be the case if it was found in a Czech storage along side normal M42's.
    I have no idea what this is. I'm interested to see if this thread comes back to life again.
    Really ? I'm thinking what the heck are we wasting our time with this non topic :-) When people post nice authentic helmets there's barely a reply but when a topic like this is posted people are interested. I don't get it.

It's a fake , post war creation or whatever. Move on.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Really ? I'm thinking what the heck are we wasting our time with this non topic :-) When people post nice authentic helmets there's barely a reply but when a topic like this is posted people are interested. I don't get it.

It's a fake , post war creation or whatever. Move on.
    Haha well I certainly do not recognize myself in that. I check up on the forum daily to look at peoples beautiful, authentic helmets. I don't always post a reply but I do often leave a like
    What got me interested in this ''helmet'' is that it appears to be fake but I don't see how a fake ended up in a Czech storage (I assume a Czech state property storage).

Quote by ShapedSteel View Post
    Haha well I certainly do not recognize myself in that. I check up on the forum daily to look at peoples beautiful, authentic helmets. I don't always post a reply but I do often leave a like
    What got me interested in this ''helmet'' is that it appears to be fake but I don't see how a fake ended up in a Czech storage (I assume a Czech state property storage).
    Czech storage yeah , I do not buy it. Hence my disinterest.

?

Default Possible these are rejected but warehoused shells?

I captured a few screenshots from here and GHW2 of apparently finished and issued qvl/bvl M42s.
    I hope the original owners/members and both forums are ok with this.
    I don't wish to waste anyones time,but if M42's were issued with defects like this late war and possibly made in Czechoslovakia,are the unfinished,rejected shells that started this thread fake?
    The images I am posting are indeed the worst examples of qvl/bvl helmets I could find,but the flaws seem very similar to those in the "rejects" at the start of this thread and are just less pronounced in many of the "Thale family" of CKL,bvl,qvl helmets made late war.
    Thanks for looking,Kateri
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 unfinished?   M42 unfinished?  

M42 unfinished?   M42 unfinished?  

M42 unfinished?   M42 unfinished?  

M42 unfinished?  

I agree that there is definitly similarity in these. The waves match. Maybe the first helmet in this post is indeed an unfished Original M42? Andy said a helmet like that would never leave the factory like this, and i agree. It may have been sorted out, but survived.

The “Czech” warehouse found story is not new; ie. nsdap Xmas ornaments, wh toilet paper. And it’s always an item not seen before, nothing to compare to. Why store defective helmets? Why wouldn’t they be melted down and recycled? This lid has more questions than answers.

Laser - did you find this in situ yourself? Otherwise I’d be wary of seller. Others look more unfinished, whereas the OP simply looks like a cheap attempt to copy. My 2 (non-expert) cents. Not one for me!

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    The “Czech” warehouse found story is not new; ie. nsdap Xmas ornaments, wh toilet paper. And it’s always an item not seen before, nothing to compare to. Why store defective helmets? Why wouldn’t they be melted down and recycled? This lid has more questions than answers.

Laser - did you find this in situ yourself? Otherwise I’d be wary of seller. Others look more unfinished, whereas the OP simply looks like a cheap attempt to copy. My 2 (non-expert) cents. Not one for me!
    Indeed , the vent holes in the first example are drilled for starters , QVL , BVL are just normal produced M42's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3