Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

Article about: Greetings! I've done it again, and picked up another German helmet this summer. It's a M42, looks to be marked ET66 but the stamping is tough to read. Liner isn't in the best of shape but it

Default M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

Greetings!

I've done it again, and picked up another German helmet this summer. It's a M42, looks to be marked ET66 but the stamping is tough to read. Liner isn't in the best of shape but it's pliable, and on an interesting note it has the remnants of a M27 chinstrap on the bales. My gut feeling is that is it is a toned Heer, but it looks pretty golden in hand. Please let me know what you think. I did my best for focused outdoor photos in the beautiful Wisconsin sunshine!

Thank you very much for your feedback!
    Johannes
    M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

- - ------- - -

The decalM42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?
    P
    Many

The interior and attempt to show the ET stamp.
    There is also a dome stamp but I can't make it out well (last photo has been digitally adjusted to try and show it)
    M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

MAP
    ?

Heer all the way.

What is the lot number?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From memory it's a lot harder to tell on M42 helmets as they are single layer decals. M35 and M40 are a little easier as they are double layer I think.
    It's hard to tell from the photos but I'd guess Heer too as Kriegsmarine would look more golden rather than yellow

Heers, nice lid
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you very much for the replies and confirmation! I really appreciate it.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Heer all the way.

What is the lot number?
    Lot number is 167 and I think a fourth digit, but I cannot quite make it out.M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Red Devil View Post
    Lot number is 167 and I think a fourth digit, but I cannot quite make it out.M42 w/ Decal- Heer or KM?
    Thanks. It is possible there are only 3 numbers but I would guess there should be 4. While I am sure that this is a standard Heer, I was hoping to see if I could find a KM within the same (or very close) lot number in looking at a lot number database. Unfortunately with not knowing exactly the full number it will not be possible. And this is not a science. Just a rough tool.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Heer all the way.
    ...heer, heer!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, a very nice HEER M42 in super condition, well done. Leon.