Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Wire Basket Combat Vet

Article about: Hey gang...I've been looking for one for a while....but wanted to make sure it was the real deal and not a recently contrived lid - it arrived today! New to the collection - a CKL66 M42 helm

Default Re: M42 Wire Basket Combat Vet

Many thanks! Glad you like it. It's one that I'm quite happy with!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Wire Basket Combat Vet
    P
    Many

Hi Rob,
    Thank's for the reply and the possible opportunity to maybe buy one day I should be so lucky to score a Helmet like that one.By the way the tag mention's a belt.Do you have that too?

I love seeing those vet bringback's

Tom

Hey Tom! I asked Paul at Lakesidetrader when I purchased this helmet if he had also received a belt with all the other stuff he acquired along with this helmet. There was no belt. Either it was given away a long time ago or the son of the vet decided to keep it? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Paul and I were "guesstimating" that it might actually refer to the helmet's chinstrap, perhaps?

If I do ever get more info on that or the vet...I'll let you guys know!
    Cheers!

Rob

Thank's Rob,
    Yeah the chinstrap could easily have been called a belt so maybe that's all there was.Still a very nice item and super rare with provenance like that.They alway's make the best item's and somhow seem more genuine with a story even though we know all the lost and nameless item's out there we all pay big buck's for are real (well most of them). I'm forever searching for that pefect vet bringback helmet

Keep up the good work mate

Tom

heh heh heh....will do!

Rob

Hello,
    It is a nice and unusual helmet. Thank you for sharing it.
    The M42 is my favourite helmet.
    Even if your chances to find a photo showing the very same helmet in wear are as thin as a rolling paper, i wish you the best of luck for your hunt...
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks! Never hurts to look around. That would be a nice surprise though!
    The hunt continues!
    Rob

Rob,

I can't say this enough.. That is one sweet helmet! I am taking today off to go travel the countryside with my Wife and hopefully I'll stumble into a good deal on a piece of militaria. One can hope right?

Regards,

Joel

You NEVER know Joel! That is so true! I always get a little excited when I hit small "mom and pop" antique stores - you never know what you'll find! Happy hunting buddy!
    Glad you like the lid.....it's got lots of character!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

lovely addition now i want 1 , rgds Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast