Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 WW2 or not?

Article about: Have a look at the photos. This is a sand coloured helmet, only one coat of paint. The liner has an Rb number and 43 stamped on it. The liner pins are tight and it hasn't been removed. I hav

OKW
    ?

Default M42 WW2 or not?

Have a look at the photos. This is a sand coloured helmet, only one coat of paint. The liner has an Rb number and 43 stamped on it. The liner pins are tight and it hasn't been removed.
    I have heard that this was a consignment that was to be used on the southern front but never issued etc found in Czechoslovakia in the 80's.
    Its a reworked helmet for the Czech army.
    It was an order for the Egyptian army reworked in Czechoslovakia but was never delivered as the IDF beat seven kinds of cr*p out of them and the need fell away.
    Whats the definitive answer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 WW2 or not?   M42 WW2 or not?  

M42 WW2 or not?   M42 WW2 or not?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: M42 WW2 or not?

These are certainly out of Czechoslavakia and they are post war reworked, that much is certain.

I think they were done for export.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

The liner looks original pattern but could be a newly made copy and then aged.Is the felt under the leather green or is it just the photo?
    These were also painted by the Norweigans postwar but the colour is normally darker and with much more age.This one may have been done as a restoration to make it into the so called 'Southern front' Helmet
    Did those actually exsit i don't know?

Tom