Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 Zimmerit? What do you think about?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this M42? What do you think about? With best wishes alter musketier

?

Some will argue vehemently for "Zimmerit" on helmets. I'm not one of them. I think it's a collector terminology for slurry type camos much like "Normandy" and "DAK" and "Tropical"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Zimmerit? What do you think about?
    P
    Many

can you verify the helmet is an NS ?

Totally agree with Doug.

Zimmerit anti magnetic mine paste was factory applied to tanks. (Actually certain factory's used their own application patterns.) Unlike paint, it was not made available to the troops to apply in the field. Hence there is no way it could occur on a steel helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Totally agree with Doug.

Zimmerit anti magnetic mine paste was factory applied to tanks. (Actually certain factory's used their own application patterns.) Unlike paint, it was not made available to the troops to apply in the field. Hence there is no way it could occur on a steel helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Agree Adrian I think stories started from seeing period pics with troops having mud on their helmets and possibly tank repair columns having a mix for spot repairs.

Regards
    Eric

an interesting helmet ,i have a red army relic Ssch 40 with similar applied paintwork so your explanations have helped me to understand what would cause the markings

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your advices. I read that Zimmerit plasters had been used by tank repair units and so some but only a few plasters were used on helmets too.

The seller wrote because of the paint stamps are not visible on the inner rim.

Like a plasterers radio: Funny

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-21-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2