Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m55 post war helmet

Article about: I need some professionals opinion about this helmet whether it´s real or not, internal white markings are done by collector so i know already that those are fake.

ijs
    ?

Default m55 post war helmet

I need some professionals opinion about this helmet whether it´s real or not, internal white markings are done by collector so i know already that those are fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m55 post war helmet   m55 post war helmet  

m55 post war helmet  
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-23-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: SS Helmet for opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m55 post war helmet
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Sorry to say, the markings are fake, the aging is fake, the liner is post war, so I suspect the whole thing is made up, even without investigating the decal any further.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Not Good, Friend...The Liner is Postwar West German...That's just for Starters...Save your Money!!
    -Welcome to the Forum-
    chees, Glenn

ijs
    ?

Ok thanks for the effort and judgement

It is a real

Fake.

You might want to study past & present threads here to educate yourself on identifying original/fake helmets.

If that one you posted were real, it would be priced at about $15,000 USD.

Hi, there really is little similarity between this helmet and an original example, a post war/put together lid that is only any good for a re-enactor. Leon.

ebay treasure? In a garden shed somewhere the paint is drying on a dozen replicas.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    ebay treasure? In a garden shed somewhere the paint is drying on a dozen replicas.
    Let them "Paint away" !! There is enough info available if one cares to study to prevent oneself from getting burned !!