MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maker mark and lot# question

Article about: Ahh I missed that, I think the funny shaped M40 vents on SE helmets combined with the grime buggered my senses. No sorry no M35 of that number either, but I found this; WW2 German M-35 Helme

?

Default Maker mark and lot# question

Hi guys, I'm interested in a helmet, but it's missing it's decal. Is it possible to determine which branch the helmet was used by from the maker mark and lot#?
    The helmet in question is a SE64 and 0091.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maker mark and lot# question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Maker mark and lot# question

Hi, Eddie. Is it possible for you to post pics of the helmet? Usually you can tell by the shade of paint on the shell.

?

Hi, it's a biker helmet that has been chromed, so no original paint. Is it possible to tell anything just based on the markings alone?

There is a database but I will need the model of the helmet to check for you. Do you plan on restoring the helmet?

?

Hi Krad,
    Heres' some pictures, I would have uploaded them earlier, but I know some members really dislike these helmets. The seller says that it's an M40. I don't plan on restoring it, I kind of like these biker pieces actually, weird as it seems!

Maker mark and lot# questionMaker mark and lot# questionMaker mark and lot# questionMaker mark and lot# questionMaker mark and lot# question

That is an M35.

I know many don't like them too. And not something I would personally buy. But it is no use "crying over spilt milk". It was most likely done over 40 years ago now. In a way, they are part of social history.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, I thought that looked like M35 vent, but I didn't want to say the wrong thing. Yeah, I think they are fascinating in their own right, and I have a small collection of "surfers crosses" made by Ed Roth and others as well.

?

I love the look of it. Glad to hear you're keeping it as is!

Nitram

I think it looks pretty cool actually, has a whole different type of history . The liner is original too which is nice, usually with these it's a bastardised home made liner or something. Anyway I digress, the lot nr database does not have a match but I have found 2x M40 SE64 0091 online, and they are both single decal Luftwaffe helmets, I'd say that's your boy.

Here are your helmet's brothers;

HR7 Luftwaffe M40 Combat Helmet

and

German luftwaffe helmet

?

Krad, thanks! Ade just mentioned that it's an M35 though, do you have one matching that in your database?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast