Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Making Pots From German Helmets 1946

Article about: German newsreel from 1946, converting Helmets to Pots Making Pots From German Helmets - British Pathé

Default Making Pots From German Helmets 1946

German newsreel from 1946, converting Helmets to Pots Making Pots From German Helmets - British Pathé

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Making Pots From German Helmets 1946
    P
    Many

Cool video. If we ever had our presses and lathes set up like that video, the safety authorities would jail us!!
    Steve

thank you Wizardman.

Why not? Got to do something with the steel!! Leon.

Thank you very much for opening this thread. Who knows which pieces like those were used in my grand-parents' kitchen and maybe I played around with and used as a solid "helmet" when I was a child ?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Wouldnt it be fantastic if someone had one of these pots or even better a half made one

?

I took these pictures at Ron R's last spring with his permission. If you know who Ron is, then you know if it exists - Ron likely has a least one (or more likely a bunch). Ron is a wealth of information and shares his amazing collection most generously on multiple collector's forums.

Regards,
    John

?

I remember i saw a funny photo of a helmet converted into a tool with a long shaft for emptying old outhouse toilets. But that was back in the 1900s.

Lots of these kitchen ware helmet conversions made at the time and you see them on ebay for sale every now and then.

These are in a museum in the Nederlands.

There have been threads on this subject previously, though perhaps not with the footage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Making Pots From German Helmets 1946   Making Pots From German Helmets 1946  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.