Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MAybe a M34?

Article about: Hello Friends I have this seller who has this for sale but he doesnt know much about the helmet. Year Country Decal The only Thing he says is that it is original and an M34 In My opinion It

Default MAybe a M34?

Hello Friends I have this seller who has this for sale but he doesnt know much about the helmet.
    Year
    Country
    Decal
    The only Thing he says is that it is original and an M34
    In My opinion It looks an M35 like those that Luftschutze used but iam not sure either, so again i count on your expertise to get more info in that, by the way sorry for lousy photos..
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MAybe a M34?   MAybe a M34?  

MAybe a M34?   MAybe a M34?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MAybe a M34?
    P
    Many

Default Re: MAybe a M34?

I'm inclined to believe that this is actually a postwar fire-helmet...

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that this is actually a postwar fire-helmet...
    Ditto.

Is it a light weight helmet? The shape would be for a M34, but has it got a four point mounting set up for the liner?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes it is Light Weighted, the other i dont know
    Thanks all

For sure a post war M34 style helmet, used by fire crews etc. Is it marked DIN xxxxx or something like that?

The shield could be regional, for wherever the fire station was.

Post war manufactured M-34-style fire helmet, the decal is for Bremen. Any M34 type helmet bearing the stamping "DIN 14 940" in the shell is of post war manufacture (the shell anyway).
    Regards,
    Don

The liner and chin strap are, I believe, of prewar manufacture. I suspect there is a US Patent number on the buckle assembly. If it is the chin strap configuration that I think it is, this type of chin strap is on Frank's camo'ed M18 styled light weight helmet, the one in his avatar (and my standard dark blue example). Could you show some detailed shots of the chin strap assembly? Thanks, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 07-10-2012 at 11:12 PM.

I do agree with Jim's assessment of the liner/strap assembly, but the shell is very likely of post war mfg, hense "(the shell anyway)" in my previous post.

Regards,
    Don

Hi Don, I agree about the shell. Thanks for the information about the shield. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast