Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Medic helmet on eBay?

Article about: There was a medic helmet on eBay that sold for 1100.00usd. Did anyone here buy it? Is it a real medic helmet? Marty

?

Quote by James C View Post
    doug thanks for highlighting the bad points with your trained eyes i never noticed the marks are the same front and rear i overlooked this and was splitting hairs over the minor details
    Your welcome James, one thing is the brain can often see "tool marks" on painted helmets. What is important to note is wavy scratches are a red flag. The human head typically isnt bobbing for apples while in combat or training LOL. Those are a "red flag" but like anything on a helmet, need to be taken into context of the entire helmet. One or two scratches like that don't automatically kill a helmet for me, but when I see a half dozen or more, the red flags become warning sirens. On something like a medic helmet or an SS camo, they are clear signs to stay away, for my personal taste in any case.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medic helmet on eBay?
    P
    Many

?

Doug
    As far as I'm aware XRF analysis started requiring a data base of helmet examples, it never studied period paint products or even named companies that supplied the German army. Is that correct? I don't know about you but I wasn't going to pay someone to build up data so in effect they could sell it.

Would be nice imo if we had something primarily about paint, separate from helmets if you like. Oh the old Q-tip water solvent thing well whats wrong with it? The blog only reiterates what I was told I'd forgotten about it. In the other thread I said at anyone time the max was 4 once 3 were SS I don't know why that should matter.
    I'm 61 had a fascination with German stahlhelme since 9 or 10yrs back in the day I liked Luftwaffe maybe because I'd just seen The Great Escape at the pictures lol!
    Maybe it would be an idea to have a pinned thread just on medic helmets those who own them could explain in detail I've also noticed nobody talks of other countries that used German helmets, they must of had army/civic medics even postwar.

Regards
    Eric

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Doug
    As far as I'm aware XRF analysis started requiring a data base of helmet examples, it never studied period paint products or even named companies that supplied the German army. Is that correct? I don't know about you but I wasn't going to pay someone to build up data so in effect they could sell it.

Would be nice imo if we had something primarily about paint, separate from helmets if you like. Oh the old Q-tip water solvent thing well whats wrong with it? The blog only reiterates what I was told I'd forgotten about it. In the other thread I said at anyone time the max was 4 once 3 were SS I don't know why that should matter.
    I'm 61 had a fascination with German stahlhelme since 9 or 10yrs back in the day I liked Luftwaffe maybe because I'd just seen The Great Escape at the pictures lol!
    Maybe it would be an idea to have a pinned thread just on medic helmets those who own them could explain in detail I've also noticed nobody talks of other countries that used German helmets, they must of had army/civic medics even postwar.

Regards
    Eric
    Attachment 790023

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3