Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: I have had this one for a while and until today had incorrectly characterized it as a WWI vintage M18 combat helmet reissued to the Luftschutz during the Third Reich era. I just picked it up

Default Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet

I have had this one for a while and until today had incorrectly characterized it as a WWI vintage M18 combat helmet reissued to the Luftschutz during the Third Reich era. I just picked it up and realized that it is, in fact, an interwar commercially manufactured medium weight M18 style shell. It is very similar in shape to the so called "duckbill" style shell, but with stepped Frankenstein lugs instead of dual 7 hole screen vents. As expected, it is unmarked, and does not have washers on the inner aspect of the lugs. It is complete with the liner, a dome pad, and pebble grain chin strap that is a bit worn, but present and intact. The size 58 liner is nicely named, and has something I have never seen before, RED tabs for the neck flap! Not one of the Luftschutz types that is commonly encountered. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet   Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet  

Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet   Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet  

Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet   Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medium Weight Commercial M18 Style Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

A fantastic helmet. You can find luftschutz decals on just about any helmet. You sure can find the winners, Jim! I don't think you have a helmet we don't like

?

Thats a gem!!

very very cool!

I like it a lot!...

?

Really nice to discover that one of your helmets is a rare one.

Agree hard to find helmet. timothy

nice pics of a rare helmet.