Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?

Article about: Here's a helmet I'm interested in a verdict on- I'm sceptical about the Mercedes logo on what I presume is an otherwise good helmet. Quick research shows that people sell stencils for this,

Default Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?

Here's a helmet I'm interested in a verdict on- I'm sceptical about the Mercedes logo on what I presume is an otherwise good helmet. Quick research shows that people sell stencils for this, which I'm guessing this is a product of, but I have no idea if it could be good or not- or if these were even ever stencilled like this. If they were, is it even possible to differentiate between original and contemporary addition?

I look forward to hearing any input on this one. Apologies for the not-so-great photos, I unfortunately rushed while taking them. Hopefully someone can tell either way from what you can see here anyway.

Thanks, Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?   Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?  

Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?   Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?  

Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?
    P
    Many

it is what it is.

I would be cautious about the more well known firms ( Heinkel, Messerschmitt etc... ) but some of the ones that turn up have the most obscure companies on them......? I have an ARADO logo'd helmet that divides opinion too - but a close examination does not indicate the stencil was added in recent times.......

I think because period photos are not forthcoming, people err of the side of 'not original'

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The whole thing looks wartime to me a lot of those companies as stated had their own fire fighting services and I'd say the bigger the company the more they had. Looks fine to me IMO. timothy

Looks like a nice original helmet but would be sceptical of the stencil as it exactly matches the ones available on ebay.

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake?  Mercedes-Benz Feuerwehr helmet- fake? 

Quote by radidas View Post
    Looks like a nice original helmet but would be sceptical of the stencil as it exactly matches the ones available on ebay.

Chris
    Original helmet "sexed up" with a stencil, i'd give it a miss!....

?

I agree with Gunny and Radidas on this one it might be an original helmet but there are so many of these stencils and examples of these stenciled helmets floating around I would want some pretty solid providence and or a very thorough hands on examination before I purchased it.

Regards Mark K

?

These industrial and commercial helmets I'd avoid without 100% proof positive provenance. Anything like this from auction sites is a no for me.

?

Quote by radidas View Post

Chris
    This.

Somebody ruined a nice helmet doing that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast