Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?

Article about: Probably not, but does the paint on this at least look like it might be original? The swastika obviously isn't, but what's up with the tag on the liner? (which was probably added later since

MAP
    ?

Is this a Craig's listing??

And what is the name of the seller?

Funny that my memory is fading as I commented on the original helmet. LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Messed with m40 - but original DAK paint?
    P
    Many

I must be naïve or stupid or both. I am having trouble understanding the basis of this thread.

So I have wasted my time replying to this "whatever" thread ? Now I have to pick & choose with caution who & what I (we) are replying to here ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I must be naïve or stupid or both. I am having trouble understanding the basis of this thread.

So I have wasted my time replying to this "whatever" thread ? Now I have to pick & choose with caution who & what I (we) are replying to here ?
    No David, the OP in this thread saw this helmet for sale. But then just found out it is a scam. The seller is a fraud. He doesn't even own the helmet. lifted the photos from here or somewhere.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Apparently this helmet is owned by a forum member who's posted it here before and also on USMF. LINK: Picked up German helmet from vet,

Given the ridiculously low price, and how it was given to him by the veteran himself, who was a friend, and how he lives in upstate New York, I think it's safe to say whoever is "selling" this is NOT the actual owner and is a scammer. Question: what's the point of "selling" something you don't own? Is it just to get someone's email in order to spam them?
    I knew as soon as I saw it that I had seen it before! A great helmet for whoever owns. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I knew as soon as I saw it that I had seen it before! A great helmet for whoever owns. Leon.
    You memory was better than mine Leon....I'm getting old...

I really really liked this helmet and would love to have it on my shelf if I ever had the chance...and $

I saw this helmet years ago and have always wanted it.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I saw this helmet years ago and have always wanted it.
    Marty
    Ha! Get in line Marty. I said it in first in post #15 Of course we are all saying this without even talking to the owner...LoL

The listing was indeed on craigslist, asking only $200.

I asked for more pictures and ofc didn't recieve a response.

So I'm assuming the scammer would refuse to do business in person and want payment sent first. I'm just used to using craigslist for in-person transactions, that's kind of the point of it - but I guess there's people who fall for this type of thing. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2