MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Metal dectecting - Mystery German Helmet

Article about: Does anyone know what helmet this is? Very strange in my opinion, however hopefully someone can help! Thanks William

?

Default Metal dectecting - Mystery German Helmet

Does anyone know what helmet this is? Very strange in my opinion, however hopefully someone can help!
    Thanks
    William
    Metal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German HelmetMetal dectecting - Mystery German Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal dectecting - Mystery German Helmet
    P
    Many

?

This is the same helmet that where found in russia short time ago.
    There is a thread here were you can follow the important work of volunteers who find lost soldiers on the old battlefields so families maybe can get an answer.

This helmet is being found in one of the last posts. I recommend to take a look at that thread (with a cup of coffe- alot of interesting information to read and see)

Quote by TrondK View Post
    This is the same helmet that where found in russia short time ago.
    There is a thread here were you can follow the important work of volunteers who find lost soldiers on the old battlefields so families maybe can get an answer.

This helmet is being found in one of the last posts. I recommend to take a look at that thread (with a cup of coffe- alot of interesting information to read and see)

And the linky poo is????
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not seen one like this before, that is really different, I wonder how the badge is attached to the lid, solder? It is on the last but one page of the linked thread posted by electricdigger.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

With some research I found found this; With the Last short expedition to the SS Ski-Jager Bat "Norge" from Norwegian expeditioners, the Helmet is an M35 shell. The helmet is 100% legit as found and was period customized by a Norwegian soldier with a trench art badge depicting a Wiking "drakkar" ship.
    The diggers are actually volunteers that were looking for MIA's is the story. However this is how it came out of the ground "as presented". I hope to find more information on exactly what the helmet is, although I fear this case will never be fully explained to the helmets justice.

?

Interesting helmet. First I have seen.

Really cool! Just hope fakers dont see this and start doing it

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    And the linky poo is????
    I was way over the limit of how much output my mentally harddrive could give that day, so i forgot to place the link.

So is it to be old- now, where are my young hot&sexy nurses who are supposed to cuddle with me.....

Is this the only one that has been found with this shield or there is more?
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast