Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...

Article about: by trooper So £850 is too high then for this helmet? i know it's probably more expensive than you guyus would pay, but as im just starting out i thought id rather, for my own safety, buy fro

Default Re: militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...

Quote by trooper View Post
    So £850 is too high then for this helmet? i know it's probably more expensive than you guyus would pay, but as im just starting out i thought id rather, for my own safety, buy from a reputable dealer. What would put more value to a helmet? Is it the complete decal like this one? Its complete and but obviously shows a lot of use and wear...
    Trooper

There are plenty for sale from members on here and other forums, you really do not need to be paying top retail prices for these

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...
    P
    Many

Helmet pricing is a bit of an arcane art, depends on a lot of factors and in the end on what the buyer would pay. Condition is the main thing.

Wow thats a nice M42. Looks in a lot better condition than the one im thinking of buying, and also a lot cheaper..

Wow thats a nice M42. Looks in a lot better condition than the one im thinking of buying, and also a lot cheaper..
    I will email the guy on the other forum and see if he will send me pics of his M40, if you like, its 450 euro;s, its a combat vet apparently

Kradspam

So the fact that this one i saw at the fair today has been 'denazified' means its worth less, but its in a good condition shell and liner wise. And your saying that its worth about £300 max. And compare it to the one i've given a deposit on, the £850 one, that one has complete decal but the liner and shell show more wear than the denazified one, then what would you say a reasonable price that you would pay for that one?

Many thanks for your time
    Kyle

Kradspam

So the fact that this one i saw at the fair today has been 'denazified' but its in a good condition. And your saying that its worth about £300 max. And compare it to the one i've given a deposit on, the £850 one, that one has complete decal but the liner and shell show more wear than the denazified one, then what would you say a reasonable price that you would pay for that one?

Many thanks for your time
    Kyle
    I would get your deposit back and wait here for one !

850 GBP is way too high for that M42 Luftwaffe Trooper , they are not hard to find in better condition and for less money. Perhaps better wait till a collector sells one.
    I sold a couple for around 700 euros / 750 max. (which is around 650 GBP) One actually for 900 euros but that one was really mint. See photos of that one.

The helmet that started this topic is a lower end helmet despite the good liner its value is determined by the denazification. Below 500 euros for sure.

As an addendum. Don't overpay but don't select a lesser lid because it has a good price. So my advise is pass on both and wait for the right one.

I've just emailed and asked for my deposit back. I only gave it yesterday so hopefully ill get it back.
    God it's so hard when you first start. I would have gone for the helmet that started this thread for that price, IF it hadn't have been denazified. It was quite tidy for that price.
    Thanks so much for the advice and ill take my time. As a side note, here are the helmets that i bought today, the 'dug up' ones £50 for the pair. Could you tell me what model these were please if possible? Many thanks Kyle

Heres the first:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...   militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...  

militaria fair helmet. real or fake? I cant decide...  

M35s or M40's, its difficult to see the vent holes. they need a bucket of oxalic !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast