Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Minty Heer M40 SD NS66

Article about: Looks great. M 40 is my favorite. love the rolled edges.

Default Re: Minty Heer M40 SD NS66

Looks great. M 40 is my favorite. love the rolled edges.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty Heer M40 SD NS66
    P
    Many

Unissued M40! Look at that liner! Nice! Can't be too many left around like That one. Super find! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I hate to post about money, since a lot of people, especially Americans, tend to look down on those who ask such questions, but generally what would a helmet like this go for as far as cost in USD? I'm curious, it is an absolutely beautiful helmet indeed.

?

Try these two sites it will give you an ideal www.collectorsguild.com and The Ruptured Duck - German WWII Memorabilia / Militaria both of these dealers carry a wide variety of helmets in different conditions .

Regards Mark K

Quote by Awesome View Post
    I hate to post about money, since a lot of people, especially Americans, tend to look down on those who ask such questions, but generally what would a helmet like this go for as far as cost in USD? I'm curious, it is an absolutely beautiful helmet indeed.
    I think a helmet like this would go for well over $1,000.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I think a helmet like this would go for well over $1,000.
    Yes, of that I am sure. I see helmets in condition a little more than half as good as this that go for more than $1,000. But an unissued Heer helmet must go for quite a bit... truly a representative example of the German army helmet

Edit:

Of course, seeing helmets of a higher price than this may simply be due to the fact that I have only experienced helmets that are maybe a bit overpriced. I must point out that I am extremely inexperienced with this kind of thing.

Wow...seriously...

????

Yes, I apologize for that. I was trying overly hard not to offend anybody and it seems to have been negatively effective! I already explained it to somebody else through PMs, it is actually quite embarrassing, but regardless, this is what I wrote.

"Let me preface by saying that I am an American, I live in Texas.

What I meant is that Americans get a lot touchier on the subject of money that people from other countries. It is very rude to ask somebody how much something costs, or how much money they make at their job. People from other countries are seemingly not like this, as I have asked people from countries such as England, Germany, and Brazil, who have told me that it is not the same in those countries. It may have been a bit much considering I was only asking the value of an item, but I simply did so as to not offend anybody by bringing up the subject of money in a thread within which they are only showing pictures of an item. I mean, I know for sure that a helmet like that would never be cheap, and I would assume from Luftwaffe, to Heer, to Kriegsmarine that the price would range from 5,000 onward, but I know almost nothing of the prices of these helmets. That is why I asked."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2