Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Muddy helmet on ebay uk

Article about: by andy1902 cost£325, Thereby lies the problem with it

Default Re: Muddy helmet on ebay uk

Quote by waffenrock42 View Post
    Well thank you for your service brian. What branch did you serve in?
    US Army, and thank you for saying that...

On the helmet, i have no idea what soldier would want to make a concrete helmet to wear, I always strived to have my gear as light as i could get it, it was bad enough having to carry M4 carbine, 2 full combat loads of ammo, camel back, ruck with needed items to sustained while on the road, ACH kevlar helmet, plus what ever else is needed , and to add concrete onto a helmet makes no sense at all.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muddy helmet on ebay uk
    P
    Many

I have to agree with you Brian, and thanks for serving along-side our soldiers

Even though being in the Army Cadets is completely different compared to being in the actual Army, I know exactly where you are coming from about trying to cut down any additional weight. It wouldnt make sense to me to add concrete on top of a helmet. However it might have been done by someone who thought it wouldnt make much different and felt that it was still fairly light for the first 30 mins they were wearing it

Thanks

Danny

The only think i could think of, if they was trying to make a bullet proof helmet, and if that was the case you would need at least 3-4 inches on concrete to stop an 30-06 round form a M1-Grand rifle, or an .45 for an thompson, or an .303 from an Enfield...

?

There are concrete camos believe it or not, mainly coming from the westcoast of Norway.

A Norwegian collector has also seen in person 3 or 4 more of these helmets, 2 from the district of Molde(westcoast), and one from Hammerfest(in the far north). They werent trying to make it bulletproof but to use concrete to add to the disruption effect.

The examples in the pics are all 3 different LW helmets, the last 2 are closeups of this type of unusual camo technique, and showing natural age, wear and oxidization.

As strange as it sounds, never say never gents! Remeber, the Germans sat around Norway for 5 years with not much to do but train, and there are plenty of highly unusual examples of helmets coming out of the woodwork in Norway.

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    US Army, and thank you for saying that...

On the helmet, i have no idea what soldier would want to make a concrete helmet to wear, .... and to add concrete onto a helmet makes no sense at all.

Brian
    Brian, it is not making a concrete helmet. It is using a "drizzling of concrete" to effect a camo technique called a disruptive pattern. The weight added onto the helmet in the above period examples would be not equate to half a pound, if that.

Also my thanks for serving.

I've looked on e-bay at this helmet. Surely it can't be the same one everyone is referring to? I see no mention of mud or concrete in the discription. The seller does on the other hand mention thick camoflage paint of some kind.

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I've looked on e-bay at this helmet. Surely it can't be the same one everyone is referring to? I see no mention of mud or concrete in the discription. The seller does on the other hand mention thick camoflage paint of some kind.
    Hi Harry, I responded to what someone posted as mud being in the description, it was me who made the comment that it appeared to be similar to a "concrete" camo sort of similar to the Luftwaffe examples I posted above. I do not think the ebay listing mentioned concrete and do not know for certain if it even used the term mud.
    I found the "WW2 Era Mud" comment rather amusing.

Im sure it was me who mentioned mud ,and i have many m16s with dries mud, earth ,from the trenches ,i dont think thats all that rare.most relics taken out of the ground are cleaned of mud ,but some leave them as they are ,and in that for me makes them even more facinating.the more i hear about this helmet the more im thinking its faked.one guy mentions about the wire not being right.havnt seen the decal yet to comment though.750 £ for it is madness unless he had the vet still here to confirm the pickup in the field,lv

andy1902
    ?

hello all, MUD!! LOL, anti magnetic paste,zimmerit, wire totally original with paste over it, sits good on my shelf cost£325,

Quote by andy1902 View Post
    hello all, MUD!! LOL, anti magnetic paste,zimmerit, wire totally original with paste over it, sits good on my shelf cost£325,
    I'm glad your happy with it. I wish I had this ability to know just by looking at pictures whether an item is genuine or not. I admit that at times it is very easy, but on other occasions I question if it is wise to dismiss such helmets without being able to examine them in hand. But then again, that is probably why I'm not an expert.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast